M J Dudley
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Suicide among young Australians, 1964-1993: an interstate comparison of metropolitan and rural trendsM J Dudley
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Sydney
Med J Aust 169:77-80. 1998....
- New-generation antidepressants, suicide and depressed adolescents: how should clinicians respond to changing evidence?Michael Dudley
Adolescent Service, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Australia m dud
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:456-66. 2008..In moderate-severe depression the risk of suicide if NGAs are not used may outweigh any risk of self-harm associated with them...
- Suicide in young adults: psychiatric and socio-economic factors from a case-control studyAndrew Page
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW 2571, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 14:68. 2014..This study compared the relative contributions of psychiatric disorder and socio-economic disadvantage associated with suicide in terms of relative and attributable risk in young adults...
- Children and young people in immigration detentionMichael Dudley
Sydney Children s Hospital, School of Psychiatry, University of NSW, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 25:285-92. 2012..We review the implications of this for clinicians attempting to assess or work with incarcerated child and adult refugees and asylum seekers...
- Are adolescents dying by suicide taking SSRI antidepressants? A review of observational studiesMichael Dudley
Adolescent Service, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 18:242-5. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the association between adolescents who die by suicide and their use of SSRI antidepressants...
- Psychiatrists as a moral community? Psychiatry under the Nazis and its contemporary relevanceMichael Dudley
Adolescent Service, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, NSW Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:585-94. 2002..This paper addresses their motivations and actions, and with particular reference to Australia, explores issues of contemporary relevance...
- Achieving standardised reporting of suicide in Australia: rationale and program for changeDiego De Leo
Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 192:452-6. 2010..A systemic coordinated program should address current inaccuracies, and social stigma about suicide and self-harm must be tackled if widespread underreporting is to stop...
- Psychiatric status of asylum seeker families held for a protracted period in a remote detention centre in AustraliaZachary Steel
Centre for Population Mental Health Research, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:527-36. 2004..To document the psychiatric status of a near complete sample of children and their families from one ethnic group held for an extended period of time in a remote immigration detention facility in Australia...
- In protestMichael Dudley
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:978-9; discussion 979-80. 2004
- Psychiatry and political-institutional abuse from the historical perspective: the ethical lessons of the Nuremberg Trial on their 60th anniversaryFrancisco López-Muñoz
Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, Pharmacology Department, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:791-806. 2007..Various strategies can be used to combat such abuses, though it is uncertain how effective they are in preventing them...
- Time to fatherNatalie Bolzan
School of Applied Social and Human Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, 1797 South Penrith, Distribution Centre, NSW, Australia
Soc Work Health Care 39:67-88. 2004..These findings suggest increasing workplace flexibility and provisions such as parental leave are important for men's post-natal mental health...
- Divergent trends in suicide by socio-economic status in AustraliaAndrew Page
School of Population Health, Public Health Building, University of Queensland, Herston Qld, 4006, Brisbane, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:911-7. 2006..This study investigated secular trends in socio-economic status (SES) differentials in Australian suicide (1979-2003), which includes overall declines in male suicide from 1998...
- Further increases in rural suicide in young Australian adults: secular trends, 1979-2003Andrew Page
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Soc Sci Med 65:442-53. 2007..These results show that the largest urban-rural male suicide differentials for the 25-year study period occurred in the most recent period (1999-2003), in the context of decreasing male suicide rates overall...