M J Dudley
Affiliation: University of New South Wales
- Suicide among young Australians, 1964-1993: an interstate comparison of metropolitan and rural trendsM J Dudley
School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Sydney
Med J Aust 169:77-80. 1998....
- New-generation antidepressants, suicide and depressed adolescents: how should clinicians respond to changing evidence?Michael Dudley
Adolescent Service, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, Australia m dud
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 42:456-66. 2008..In moderate-severe depression the risk of suicide if NGAs are not used may outweigh any risk of self-harm associated with them...
- Helping professionals and Border Force secrecy: effective asylum-seeker healthcare requires independence from callous policiesMichael Dudley
Conjoint Senior Lecturer, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW, and Senior Staff Specialist, South East Sydney Local Health District, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 24:15-8. 2016..To examine the Australian Border Force Act (BFA) and its context, its implications for asylum-seeker healthcare and professionals, and contemporary and historical parallels...
- Suicide in young adults: psychiatric and socio-economic factors from a case-control studyAndrew Page
School of Science and Health, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith, NSW 2571, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 14:68. 2014..This study compared the relative contributions of psychiatric disorder and socio-economic disadvantage associated with suicide in terms of relative and attributable risk in young adults...
- Children and young people in immigration detentionMichael Dudley
Sydney Children s Hospital, School of Psychiatry, University of NSW, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Curr Opin Psychiatry 25:285-92. 2012..We review the implications of this for clinicians attempting to assess or work with incarcerated child and adult refugees and asylum seekers...
- Are adolescents dying by suicide taking SSRI antidepressants? A review of observational studiesMichael Dudley
Adolescent Service, Prince of Wales Hospital, Randwick, NSW, Australia
Australas Psychiatry 18:242-5. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the association between adolescents who die by suicide and their use of SSRI antidepressants...
- Psychiatrists as a moral community? Psychiatry under the Nazis and its contemporary relevanceMichael Dudley
Adolescent Service, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney, NSW Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:585-94. 2002..This paper addresses their motivations and actions, and with particular reference to Australia, explores issues of contemporary relevance...
- Achieving standardised reporting of suicide in Australia: rationale and program for changeDiego De Leo
Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention, Griffith University, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 192:452-6. 2010..A systemic coordinated program should address current inaccuracies, and social stigma about suicide and self-harm must be tackled if widespread underreporting is to stop...
- Psychiatry and political-institutional abuse from the historical perspective: the ethical lessons of the Nuremberg Trial on their 60th anniversaryFrancisco López-Muñoz
Neuropsychopharmacology Unit, Pharmacology Department, University of Alcala, Madrid, Spain
Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 31:791-806. 2007..Various strategies can be used to combat such abuses, though it is uncertain how effective they are in preventing them...
- Psychiatric status of asylum seeker families held for a protracted period in a remote detention centre in AustraliaZachary Steel
Centre for Population Mental Health Research, School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales
Aust N Z J Public Health 28:527-36. 2004..To document the psychiatric status of a near complete sample of children and their families from one ethnic group held for an extended period of time in a remote immigration detention facility in Australia...
- In protestMichael Dudley
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 38:978-9; discussion 979-80. 2004
- Divergent trends in suicide by socio-economic status in AustraliaAndrew Page
School of Population Health, Public Health Building, University of Queensland, Herston Qld, 4006, Brisbane, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 41:911-7. 2006..This study investigated secular trends in socio-economic status (SES) differentials in Australian suicide (1979-2003), which includes overall declines in male suicide from 1998...
- Time to fatherNatalie Bolzan
School of Applied Social and Human Sciences, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, 1797 South Penrith, Distribution Centre, NSW, Australia
Soc Work Health Care 39:67-88. 2004..These findings suggest increasing workplace flexibility and provisions such as parental leave are important for men's post-natal mental health...
- Further increases in rural suicide in young Australian adults: secular trends, 1979-2003Andrew Page
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Soc Sci Med 65:442-53. 2007..These results show that the largest urban-rural male suicide differentials for the 25-year study period occurred in the most recent period (1999-2003), in the context of decreasing male suicide rates overall...