N A Dowling
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Screening for Internet dependence: do the proposed diagnostic criteria differentiate normal from dependent Internet use?Nicki A Dowling
Problem Gambling Research and Treatment Centre, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:21-7. 2009..The implications of the findings for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of Internet dependence are discussed...
- A preliminary investigation of abstinence and controlled gambling as self-selected goals of treatment for female pathological gamblingNicki Dowling
Problem Gambling Research and Treatment Centre, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, Level 3, Alice Hoy Building, University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia
J Gambl Stud 25:201-14. 2009..Although further scientific demonstration is required, the findings of this study provide preliminary support for the practice of offering controlled gambling as an alternative goal in the treatment of pathological gambling...
- The male cosmetic surgery patient: a matched sample gender analysis of elective cosmetic surgery and cosmetic dentistry patientsNicki A Dowling
Melbourne Graduate School of Education, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ann Plast Surg 64:726-31. 2010..Preoperative screening is recommended to identify the minority of male patients who will report an unsatisfactory outcome despite a technically good result...
- Commonalities in the psychological factors associated with problem gambling and Internet dependenceN A Dowling
Problem Gambling Research and Treatment Centre, Melbourne Graduate School of Education, University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia 3010
Cyberpsychol Behav Soc Netw 13:437-41. 2010..The implications of the findings in relation to the conceptualization and management of these disorders are briefly discussed...
- Treatment of female pathological gambling: the efficacy of a cognitive-behavioural approachNicki Dowling
School of Psychiatry, Psychology and Psychological Medicine, Monash University, Building 17, Clayton, Vic, 3800, Australia
J Gambl Stud 22:355-72. 2006....