Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Use of pharmacotherapies for the management of addictive behaviours in Australian clinical practiceChristopher M Doran
School of Population Health, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Mayne Medical Building, Herston Road, Herston QLD 4006, Australia
Addict Behav 31:1947-58. 2006..To collect data on the behaviours associated with the prescription of pharmacotherapies (bupropion, acamprosate and naltrexone) for nicotine and alcohol dependence in Australian clinical practice...
- The consumption of alcohol by Australian adolescents: a comparison of revenue and expenditureChristopher M Doran
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Australia
Addict Behav 31:1919-28. 2006....
- Smoking status of Australian general practice patients and their attempts to quitChristopher M Doran
School of Population Health, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Public Health Building, Herston Road, Herston QLD 4006, Australia
Addict Behav 31:758-66. 2006....
- General practitioners' role in preventive medicine: scenario analysis using alcohol as a case studyChristopher M Doran
School of Population Health University of Queensland, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 23:399-404. 2004..The knowledge, skill and attitude of practitioners toward drinking are significant, and they can be the prime motivators in persuading their patients to modify drinking behaviour...
- A cost-effectiveness analysis of buprenorphine-assisted heroin withdrawalC M Doran
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 23:171-5. 2004..These results suggest that the provision of buprenorphine treatment for heroin dependence in shared care and clinic appear to be equally cost-effective...
- Characteristics of Australian smokers using bupropion and nicotine-replacement therapiesChristopher Doran
Associate Professor, School of Economics, University of Queensland School of Population Health Mayne Medical Building, Herston Road, Herston Qld, 4006, Australia
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 7:41-7. 2007....
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of maintenance agonist treatments in the NEPODChristopher M Doran
Associate Professor, Health Economist, University of Queensland, School of Population Health, School of Economics, Mayne Medical School, Herston Road, Herston 4006, QLD, Australia
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 6:437-46. 2006..Given the limited information available regarding the relative cost-effectiveness of pharmacotherapies for opioid maintenance treatment, the data reported herein provide valuable information to policy makers and treatment providers...
- Australian smokers' use of bupropion and nicotine replacement therapies and their relation to reimbursement, Australia 2001-05Hera Lutsenko
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 27:160-4. 2008..To compare the usage of bupropion hydrochloride and nicotine replacement in Australia between 2001 and 2005...
- How can we reduce alcohol-related road crash deaths among young Australians?Wayne D Hall
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 192:464-6. 2010..If we had enforced a zero BAC until age 25, the number of deaths averted until age 25 years could have been as high as 50...
- Cost-effectiveness analysis of genetic screening for the Taq1B polymorphism in the secondary prevention of coronary heart diseaseLinda K Kemp
The University of Queensland, School of Population Health, Mayne Medical School, Herston Road, Herston 4006, QLD, Australia
Expert Rev Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res 7:119-28. 2007..Economic evaluations similar to this one will be required in the future as the results of further clinical trials to establish the effectiveness of statins based on genotype become available...
- Cost-effectiveness of interventions to prevent alcohol-related disease and injury in AustraliaLinda Cobiac
School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Addiction 104:1646-55. 2009..To evaluate cost-effectiveness of eight interventions for reducing alcohol-attributable harm and determine the optimal intervention mix...
- Households' willingness to pay for a motorcycle helmet in Hanoi, VietnamKhanh H Pham
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Appl Health Econ Health Policy 6:137-44. 2008..Injuries caused by both non-use of and substandard helmets in motorcycle accidents place a substantial cost on both the Vietnamese government and on victims and their families who are unfortunate enough to experience such an event...
- Tobacco in Australia: still a profitable venture?Christopher M Doran
Aust N Z J Public Health 27:559-60. 2003
- Using taxes to curb drinking in AustraliaChristopher M Doran
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, 2052 NSW, Australia
Lancet 372:701-2. 2008
- New pharmacotherapies for alcohol dependence: are they being used and what do they cost?Christopher M Doran
Med J Aust 179:218. 2003
- A comparison of buprenorphine treatment in clinic and primary care settings: a randomised trialAmy E Gibson
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, UNSW Randwick Campus, King Street, Randwick, NSW 2052, Australia
Med J Aust 179:38-42. 2003..To compare outcomes, costs and incremental cost-effectiveness of heroin detoxification performed in a specialist clinic and in general practice...
- Community-based alcohol counselling: a randomized clinical trialAnthony P Shakeshaft
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of NSW, Sydney, Australia
Addiction 97:1449-63. 2002..To examine the effectiveness of a brief intervention (BI) and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) for alcohol abuse...
- Current prescribing patterns of bupropion in AustraliaChristopher M Doran
Med J Aust 177:162. 2002
- Economic evaluation of interventions to treat opiate dependence : a review of the evidenceChristopher M Doran
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia
Pharmacoeconomics 26:371-93. 2008..However, to better inform the decision-making process, researchers must continue to produce high-quality, methodological, comparable and scientifically credible economic evaluations...
- Buprenorphine versus methadone maintenance: a cost-effectiveness analysisChristopher M Doran
National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales, NSW 2052, Sydney, Australia
Drug Alcohol Depend 71:295-302. 2003....