Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Universiity of Adelaide
Location: adelaide, australia
Post Doc Researcher
Teaching in Health Sciences and Dentistry
Supervision of Post Grad Research Students
- TWEAK and Fn14 expression in the pathogenesis of joint inflammation and bone erosion in rheumatoid arthritisAnak A S S K Dharmapatni
Discipline of Anatomy and Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Arthritis Res Ther 13:R51. 2011..Effects of sTWEAK on osteoclasts and osteoblasts were investigated in vitro...
- The expression of RANKL and OPG in the various grades of osteoarthritic cartilageAngus R Upton
Discipline of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Level 3 Medical School North Building, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Rheumatol Int 32:535-40. 2012..The changes seen in the different grades of tissue may also indicate that this effect occurs during the early stages of OA development...
- C-reactive protein in gingival crevicular fluid may be indicative of systemic inflammationEmma Megson
School of Dentistry, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Clin Periodontol 37:797-804. 2010..Although the liver is the primary source of CRP, extra-hepatic production of CRP has been reported. This study aimed to determine whether CRP in GCF is produced locally in the gingivae...
- Expression of tumor necrosis factor-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK) and its receptor, fibroblast growth factor-inducible 14 protein (Fn14), in healthy tissues and in tissues affected by periodontitisN G Kataria
Colgate Australian Clinical Dental Research Centre, School of Dentistry, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA, Australia
J Periodontal Res 45:564-73. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate the expression of TWEAK and Fn14 at the protein and mRNA levels in gingival biopsies from periodontitis patients and from clinically healthy patients...
- Inhibition of apoptosis in periodontitisH Lucas
Discipline of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
J Dent Res 89:29-33. 2010..Similar changes were seen at the level of mRNA. The results indicate that apoptosis in periodontitis may be inhibited by elevated expression of TRAIL decoy receptors and cleaved caspase-3 inhibitors...
- The correlation of RANK, RANKL and TNFalpha expression with bone loss volume and polyethylene wear debris around hip implantsChristopher A Holding
Department of Pathology, The University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, South Australia 5000, Australia
Biomaterials 27:5212-9. 2006..This suggests that the interaction of TNFalpha and RANKL promotes osteoclast activity associated with polyethylene wear and therapies targeting TNF activity may be useful to treat peri-implant osteolysis...
- Histopathological and ultrastructural features of dermal telangiectasias in systemic sclerosisJennifer G Walker
Department of Immunology, Allergy and Arthritis, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pathology 37:220-5. 2005..It would be of interest to examine telangiectasias in the early phase of their formation. Alternatively, other explanations need to be explored in understanding the aetiopathogenesis of telangiectasia in scleroderma...
- The TGF beta receptor endoglin in systemic sclerosisA A Dharmapatni
Department of Immunology, Allergy, and Arthritis, Flinders Medical Centre, Bedford Park, South Australia
Asian Pac J Allergy Immunol 19:275-82. 2001..The functional significance of this upregulation is uncertain but may reflect endothelial activation in scleroderma...
- Radiochemical assay of glutathione S-epoxide transferase and its enhancement by phenobarbital in rat liver in vivoJ Marniemi
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1569-72. 1975
- Comparison between procaine and isocarboxazid metabolism in vitro by a liver microsomal amidase-esteraseK Moroi
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1517-21. 1975
- Maturation of the adrenal medulla--IV. Effects of morphineT R Anderson
Biochem Pharmacol 24:1469-74. 1975
- Studies of oxygen binding energy to hemoglobin moleculeY W Chow
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1424-31. 1975
- Atomic models for the polypeptide backbones of myohemerythrin and hemerythrinW A Hendrickson
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1349-56. 1975
- Effect of chloroquine on cultured fibroblasts: release of lysosomal hydrolases and inhibition of their uptakeU N Wiesmann
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1338-43. 1975
- Metal substitutions incarbonic anhydrase: a halide ion probe studyR J Smith
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1281-6. 1975
- Delineation of the intimate details of the backbone conformation of pyridine nucleotide coenzymes in aqueous solutionK S Bose
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 66:1173-9. 1975
- Formate assay in body fluids: application in methanol poisoningA B Makar
Biochem Med 13:117-26. 1975
- Elevated expression of caspase-3 inhibitors, survivin and xIAP correlates with low levels of apoptosis in active rheumatoid synoviumAnak A S S K Dharmapatni
Discipline of Pathology, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide, 5005 South Australia, Australia
Arthritis Res Ther 11:R13. 2009..Tumour necrosis factor-related apoptosis-inducing ligand (TRAIL) is a tumour necrosis factor (TNF) family member capable of inducing apoptosis in many cell types...