M M Dennis
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Longitudinal study of clinicopathological features of Johne's disease in sheep naturally exposed to Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosisM M Dennis
University of Sydney, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Vet Pathol 48:565-75. 2011..Six of the 46 (8.7%) biopsy-culture-positive sheep later had negative cultures at necropsy, suggesting recovery from infection. Further study is needed to identify factors associated with clearance of infection or progression of disease...
- Association of severity of enteric granulomatous inflammation with disseminated Mycobacterium avium subspecies paratuberculosis infection and antemortem test results for paratuberculosis in dairy cowsM M Dennis
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523 1681, USA
Vet Microbiol 131:154-63. 2008..Although MAP dissemination may occur early in the disease process, histopathology of intestinal tissues may be used to detect a substantial proportion of DI cows...
- Hyalinizing pancreatic adenocarcinoma in six dogsM M Dennis
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Animal Population Health Institute, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO, USA
Vet Pathol 45:475-83. 2008..Studies that associate exocrine pancreatic carcinoma grade and histologic subtype with prognostic outcomes in the dog are warranted such that appropriate therapy can be elected...
- Iridovirus infections in finfish - critical review with emphasis on ranavirusesR J Whittington
The University of Sydney, Australia
J Fish Dis 33:95-122. 2010....
- Prognostic factors for cutaneous and subcutaneous soft tissue sarcomas in dogsM M Dennis
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, 425 Werombi Road, Camden, NSW 2570, Australia
Vet Pathol 48:73-84. 2011....
- Histopathological and immunohistochemical evaluation of 53 cases of feline lymphoplasmacytic enteritis and low-grade alimentary lymphomaK A Briscoe
Valentine Charlton Cat Centre, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Comp Pathol 145:187-98. 2011..Other diagnostic tools such as clonality testing may assist in the definitive diagnosis of such cases...
- Gastric adenocarcinoma and chronic gastritis in two related Persian catsM M Dennis
Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Vet Pathol 43:358-62. 2006..Carcinogenesis may have been influenced by shared undetermined genetic and environmental factors, possibly including Ollulanus tricuspis, spiral-shaped bacteria, or other etiologies for chronic gastritis that remain unidentified...
- An outbreak of granulomatous peritonitis caused by injectable selenium in a flock of Merino sheepM M Dennis
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden, New South Wales 2570, Australia
Aust Vet J 89:209-12. 2011..Animal care providers should be aware that incorrect administration of barium selenate can result in losses from condemnation or downgrading of meat product...
- Case-control study of epidemic mortality and Cardicola forsteri-associated disease in farmed southern bluefin tuna (Thunnus maccoyii) of South AustraliaM M Dennis
Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden, Australia
Vet Pathol 48:846-55. 2011..This study shows for the first time that a substantial proportion of poststocking mortality in cultured SBT is strongly associated with severe branchitis caused by C forsteri...
- Bacterial meningoencephalitis and ventriculitis due to migrating plant foreign bodies in three dogsM M Dennis
308 Pathology Bldg, 1619 Campus Delivery, Colorado State University, Fort Collins, CO 80523, USA
Vet Pathol 42:840-4. 2005..Encephalitis due to bacteria introduced from migrating plant foreign material is a potential sequela of intranasal, periocular, or pharyngeal foreign bodies...
- Histopathological survey of lesions and infections affecting sick ornamental fish in pet shops in New South Wales, AustraliaS C Wickins
Farm Animal and Veterinary Public Health, Faculty of Veterinary Science, University of Sydney, Camden, New South Wales 2570, Australia
Dis Aquat Organ 94:143-52. 2011..Those caring for sick ornamental fish should take appropriate steps to investigate infectious disease and should take precautions that prevent the spread of pathogens...