Andrea de Silva-Sanigorski
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Parental self-efficacy and oral health-related knowledge are associated with parent and child oral health behaviors and self-reported oral health statusAndrea de Silva-Sanigorski
Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, The McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Community Dent Oral Epidemiol 41:345-52. 2013....
- Consumption patterns of sweet drinks in a population of Australian children and adolescents (2003-2008)Britt W Jensen
Research Unit for Dietary Studies, Institute of Preventive Medicine, Copenhagen Capital Region, Copenhagen University Hospital, Frederiksberg, Denmark
BMC Public Health 12:771. 2012..The present study aimed to assess the consumption pattern of sweet drinks in a population of children and adolescents in Victoria, Australia...
- Process and impact evaluation of the Romp & Chomp obesity prevention intervention in early childhood settings: lessons learned from implementation in preschools and long day care settingsAndrea M de Silva-Sanigorski
Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Carlton, Australia
Child Obes 8:205-15. 2012..This paper reports on the process and impact evaluation of this trial and the lessons learned from this complex community intervention...
- Increasing community capacity to prevent childhood obesity: challenges, lessons learned and results from the Romp & Chomp interventionFlorentine P de Groot
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention, Deakin University, 1 Gheringhap Street, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:522. 2010....
- Splash!: a prospective birth cohort study of the impact of environmental, social and family-level influences on child oral health and obesity related risk factors and outcomesAndrea M de Silva-Sanigorski
McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Carlton Australia
BMC Public Health 11:505. 2011..This study aims to prospectively examine the impact of drink choices on child obesity risk and oral health status...
- The VicGeneration study--a birth cohort to examine the environmental, behavioural and biological predictors of early childhood caries: background, aims and methodsAndrea M de Silva-Sanigorski
Melbourne School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:97. 2010..Early childhood caries may also result in a substantial social burden on families and significant costs to the public health system. A disproportionate burden of disease is also experienced by disadvantaged populations...
- Government food service policies and guidelines do not create healthy school canteensAndrea de Silva-Sanigorski
Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, The McCaughey Centre, University of Melbourne, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 35:117-21. 2011..This study aims to determine whether compliance with the policy improves the nutritional profile of the menus...
- Obesity prevention in the family day care setting: impact of the Romp & Chomp intervention on opportunities for children's physical activity and healthy eatingA de Silva-Sanigorski
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention, Deakin University and McCaughey Centre and Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, VIC Australia
Child Care Health Dev 37:385-93. 2011..This study aims to determine if the intervention successfully created more health promoting family day care (FDC) environments...
- Evaluation of the childhood obesity prevention program Kids--'Go for your life'Andrea de Silva-Sanigorski
The McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:288. 2010..Once the K-GFYL program 'criteria' are reached the school/service is assessed and 'awarded'. This paper describes the design of the evaluation of the statewide K-GFYL intervention program...
- Associations between activity-related behaviours and standardized BMI among Australian adolescentsSteven Allender
WHO Collaborating Centre for Obesity Prevention, Deakin University, Geelong, Australia
J Sci Med Sport 14:512-21. 2011..To examine the relationships between physical activity, sedentary behaviour and body mass index (BMI) among a sample of Australian adolescents...
- Tongan adolescents' eating patterns: opportunities for interventionKatherine Cacavas
Deakin University, 221 Burwood Highway, Burwood, Victoria, Australia
Asia Pac J Public Health 23:24-33. 2011..Furthermore, it is important that obesity prevention interventions are informed by culture-specific influences to optimize uptake of healthy diets...
- Interventions for preventing obesity in childrenElizabeth Waters
Jack Brockhoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program, The McCaughey Centre, Melbourne School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Level 5 207 Bouverie St, Carlton, Vic, Australia, 3010
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD001871. 2011..The international evidence base for strategies that governments, communities and families can implement to prevent obesity, and promote health, has been accumulating but remains unclear...
- A systematic review of risk factors during first year of life for early childhood cariesPamela Margaret Leong
Jack Brockoff Child Health and Wellbeing Program and McCaughey Centre, School Population Health, University of Melbourne, Carlton, Vic, Australia
Int J Paediatr Dent 23:235-50. 2013..Current research suggests ECC has important aetiological bases during the first year of life. Gaps in knowledge about disease progression prevent the effective and early identification of 'at risk' children...