Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Pathways for fear perception: modulation of amygdala activity by thalamo-cortical systemsPritha Das
Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders NISAD, Darlinghurst, NSW, Australia
Neuroimage 26:141-8. 2005..Breakdowns in these interactions may give rise to affect-related symptoms seen in a range of neuropsychiatric disorders...
- Functional disconnections in the direct and indirect amygdala pathways for fear processing in schizophreniaPritha Das
Neuroscience Institute of Schizophrenia and Allied Disorders, Darlinghurst, NSW 2010, Australia
Schizophr Res 90:284-94. 2007..In this study we tested the hypothesis that schizophrenia is characterized by abnormal functional connectivity in the amygdala network underlying fear perception...
- The dynamics of cortico-amygdala and autonomic activity over the experimental time course of fear perceptionLeanne M Williams
The Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Hospital, NSW, 2145, Australia
Brain Res Cogn Brain Res 21:114-23. 2004..These findings suggest that sustained cortico-amygdala and autonomic responses may serve to prime the emotional content of fear signals, and differentiate them from initial stimulus novelty...
- Fronto-limbic and autonomic disjunctions to negative emotion distinguish schizophrenia subtypesLeanne M Williams
Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Hospital, NSW, 2145, Australia
Psychiatry Res 155:29-44. 2007....
- Influence of comorbid depression on fear in posttraumatic stress disorder: an fMRI studyAndrew H Kemp
Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Hospital and Western Clinical, School University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Psychiatry Res 155:265-9. 2007..Amygdala and medial prefrontal activity was reduced in PTSD-depression compared to PTSD-alone samples, highlighting the need to account for comorbidity...
- BOLD, sweat and fears: fMRI and skin conductance distinguish facial fear signalsLeanne M Williams
Brain Dynamics Centre, University of Sydney, Westmead Hospital, NSW, 2145, Australia
Neuroreport 16:49-52. 2005..The findings suggest that fear, anger and disgust perception involves specific interactions in the neural arousal systems for emotion and motivation...
- Dysregulation of arousal and amygdala-prefrontal systems in paranoid schizophreniaLeanne M Williams
The Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Hospital and University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Psychiatry 161:480-9. 2004..It was predicted that paranoid patients would be distinguished by a disjunction of hyperarousal but reduced amygdala and medial prefrontal activity relative to both healthy comparison subjects and patients with nonparanoid schizophrenia...
- Changes in anterior cingulate and amygdala after cognitive behavior therapy of posttraumatic stress disorderKim Felmingham
Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Millennium Institute, Westmead Hospital, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
Psychol Sci 18:127-9. 2007
- Mode of functional connectivity in amygdala pathways dissociates level of awareness for signals of fearLeanne M Williams
The Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Millenium Institute and University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, 2145, Australia
J Neurosci 26:9264-71. 2006....
- A functional MRI study of Theory of Mind in euthymic bipolar disorder patientsGin S Malhi
Discipline of Psychological Medicine, University of Sydney, CADE Clinic, Department of Academic Psychiatry, Level 5, Building 36, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, Sydney, NSW 2065, Australia
Bipolar Disord 10:943-56. 2008..To determine the neural responses invoked in Theory of Mind (ToM) in euthymic bipolar patients as compared with healthy subjects...
- A direct brainstem-amygdala-cortical 'alarm' system for subliminal signals of fearBelinda J Liddell
School of Psychology, University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Neuroimage 24:235-43. 2005..This network may represent an evolutionary adaptive neural 'alarm' system for rapid alerting to sources of threat, without the need for conscious appraisal...
- Spatiotemporal wavelet resampling for functional neuroimaging dataMichael Breakspear
Brain Dynamics Centre, Westmead Hospital and University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Hum Brain Mapp 23:1-25. 2004..The limitations and possible extensions of the proposed technique are discussed...
- The multiscale character of evoked cortical activityMichael Breakspear
The Black Dog Institute, Hospital Rd, Prince of Wales Hospital and The School of Psychiatry, University of New South Wales, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
Neuroimage 30:1230-42. 2006..It also affords a quantitative means of testing hierarchical and multiscale models of cortical activity...