Bruce A Cooper
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- A randomized, controlled trial of early versus late initiation of dialysisBruce A Cooper
Department of Renal Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney Medical School, Sydney, Australia
N Engl J Med 363:609-19. 2010..In this study, conducted at 32 centers in Australia and New Zealand, we examined whether the timing of the initiation of maintenance dialysis influenced survival among patients with chronic kidney disease...
- The Initiating Dialysis Early and Late (IDEAL) study: study rationale and designBruce A Cooper
Department of Renal Medicine, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Perit Dial Int 24:176-81. 2004..The secondary objectives are to determine the impact of "early start" versus "late start" dialysis on nutritional and cardiac morbidity, quality of life, and economic cost...
- Nutritional state correlates with renal function at the start of dialysisBruce A Cooper
Department of Renal Medicine, Kolling Institute of Medical Research, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Perit Dial Int 23:291-5. 2003..To determine the effect of renal function at the commencement of dialysis on nutritional state...
- Association between GFR estimated by multiple methods at dialysis commencement and patient survivalMuh Geot Wong
Department of Renal Medicine, Royal North Shore Hospital, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, Monash Medical Centre and Eastern Health Renal Units, Melbourne, Australia, Department of Renal Medicine, Auckland City Hospital, Auckland, New Zealand, Department of Nephrology, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, Prince of Wales Clinical School, Faculty of Medicine, University of New South Wales, Sydney, Australia, Centre for Transplantation and Renal Research, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia, Centre for Kidney Disease Research, University of Queensland at Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 9:135-42. 2014..This study examined the association of all-cause mortality with estimated GFR at dialysis commencement, which was determined using multiple formulas...
- Early start peritoneal dialysisCarol A Pollock
Department of Renal Medicine, Kolling Institute, University of Sydney, Royal North Shore Hospital, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 14:e27-34. 2007....
- Protein malnutrition and hypoalbuminemia as predictors of vascular events and mortality in ESRDBruce A Cooper
Department of Renal Medicine, Kolling Institute, Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, St Leonards, NSW, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 43:61-6. 2004..However, previous studies were unable to differentiate between true protein malnutrition and hypoalbuminemia...
- Validity of subjective global assessment as a nutritional marker in end-stage renal diseaseBruce A Cooper
Royal North Shore Hospital, University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 40:126-32. 2002..Therefore, SGA appears not to improve the posttest probability of detecting malnutrition. SGA may differentiate severely malnourished patients from those with normal nutrition, but is not a reliable predictor of degree of malnutrition...
- Subgroups of patients with cancer with different symptom experiences and quality-of-life outcomes: a cluster analysisChristine Miaskowski
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:E79-89. 2006....
- Predictors of physical functioning among adults with severe mental illnessLinda Chafetz
Community Health Systems Department, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, Box 0608, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:225-31. 2006..This study examined physical functioning scores for this population and compared them with national norms...
- Cluster analysis: a useful technique to identify elderly cardiac patients at risk for poor quality of lifeYoshimi Fukuoka
School of Nursing, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Qual Life Res 16:1655-63. 2007....
- Melatonin and bright-light treatment for rest-activity disruption in institutionalized patients with Alzheimer's diseaseGlenna A Dowling
Department of Physiological Nursing, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:239-46. 2008..To test whether the addition of melatonin to bright-light therapy enhances the efficacy in treating rest-activity (circadian) disruption in institutionalized patients with Alzheimer's disease (AD)...
- The symptom experience of oncology outpatients has a different impact on quality-of-life outcomesDorit Pud
Department of Nursing, University of Haifa, Haifa, Israel
J Pain Symptom Manage 35:162-70. 2008..g., environmental or physiologic) or genetic determinants for experiencing symptoms that are independent of demographic, disease, and treatment characteristics...
- Cluster analysis of elderly cardiac patients' prehospital symptomatologyTeri G Lindgren
University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, USA
Nurs Res 57:14-23. 2008..Chest pain routinely brings patients into the healthcare system, and elderly patients may present with more complex symptoms presaging ischemic heart changes than do younger patients...
- No long-term changes in psoriasis severity and quality of life following climate therapyAstrid K Wahl
Oslo University College, Rikshospitalet University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
J Am Acad Dermatol 52:699-701. 2005..The lowest disease severity and better life quality occurred 2 weeks after therapy. However, by 4 and 8 months after therapy, all measures had returned to approximately the same level as before treatment...
- The effects of a collaborative peer advisor/advanced practice nurse intervention: cardiac rehabilitation participation and rehospitalization in older adults after a cardiac eventDiane L Carroll
Yvonne L Munn Center for Nursing Research, Institute for Patient Care, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
J Cardiovasc Nurs 22:313-9. 2007....