Affiliation: University of Western Sydney
- Looking outside the square: the use of qualitative methods within complementary and alternative medicine: the movement towards rigourSuzanne Cochrane
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, Penrith, Australia
Complement Ther Med 21:73-6. 2013..The rigorous application of holistic research methods, used non-defensively, can only benefit CAM and the knowledge base of science...
- Development of a fertility acupuncture protocol: defining an acupuncture treatment protocol to support and treat women experiencing conception delaysSuzanne Cochrane
Center for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, Campbelltown Campus, Penrith, New South Wales 2751, Australia
J Altern Complement Med 17:329-37. 2011..Despite developing research in the field, there is a marked absence of research defining an adequate treatment to support and treat women experiencing delays in conceiving...
- Using a Delphi consensus process to develop an acupuncture treatment protocol by consensus for women undergoing Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) treatmentCaroline A Smith
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, Locked Bag 1797, Penrith South DC, NSW, 2751, Australia
BMC Complement Altern Med 12:88. 2012..The aim of this study was to examine what fertility acupuncturists consider key components of best practice acupuncture during an ART cycle, and to establish an acupuncture protocol by consensus...
- Development of an instrument to assess the quality of acupuncture: results from a Delphi processCaroline A Smith
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, The University of Western Sydney, Penrith South, Australia
J Altern Complement Med 17:441-52. 2011..Quality acupuncture influences the outcomes of clinical research, and issues associated with effective administration of acupuncture in randomized controlled trials need to be addressed when appraising studies...
- Does acupuncture have a place as an adjunct treatment during pregnancy? A review of randomized controlled trials and systematic reviewsCaroline A Smith
Centre for Complementary Medicine Research, University of Western Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Birth 36:246-53. 2009..The aim of this paper was to summarize the evidence examining the effectiveness of acupuncture during pregnancy and birthing, and to discuss its role as an adjunct treatment...