Alexandra M Clavarino
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Depression following marital problems: different impacts on mothers and their children? A 21-year prospective studyAlexandra Clavarino
School of Pharmacy, Pace, University of Queensland, Woolloongabba, Qld 4103, Australia
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol 46:833-41. 2011..This study examines the effects of marital quality and marital change on symptoms of depression in mothers and their children over 21 years...
- Maternal anxiety and attention problems in children at 5 and 14 yearsAlexandra M Clavarino
University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia 4072
J Atten Disord 13:658-67. 2010..This study examines the association between maternal anxiety from pregnancy to 5 years and child attention problems at 5 and 14 years...
- Family structure, marital discord and offspring's psychopathology in early adulthood: a prospective studyReza Hayatbakhsh
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Herston Road, Herston, QLD, 4006, Australia
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 22:693-700. 2013..Further research is needed to explore the mechanism of these associations to develop preventive programmes. ..
- The impact of perceived stage of cancer on carers' anxiety and depression during the patients' final year of lifeLetitia H Burridge
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Psychooncology 18:615-23. 2009..This paper explores the effects of perceived stage of cancer (PSOC) on carers' anxiety and depression during the patients' final year...
- Suntans and sun protection in Australian teen media: 1999 to 2000Liane J McDermott
Cancer Prevention Research Centre, School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Health Educ Behav 32:504-13. 2005..Although it is important to monitor the portrayal of tan levels and sun protection measures in media targeting adolescents, overall, the authors' findings revealed a media environment generally supportive of sun protection objectives...
- Using n-of-1 trials as a clinical tool to improve prescribingC Jane Nikles
Discipline of General Practice, University of Queensland Medical School, Herston, Queensland 4006, Australia
Br J Gen Pract 55:175-80. 2005..We have investigated the use of these, offered to doctors as individualised medication effectiveness tests (IMETs), as a tool to improve drug prescribing...
- The view from two sides: a qualitative study of community and medical perspectives on screening for colorectal cancer using FOBTAlexandra M Clavarino
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Herston, QLD, Australia
Prev Med 39:482-90. 2004..Population-wide screening for people at average risk of colorectal cancer (CRC) by faecal occult blood test (FOBT) is under consideration in Australia...
- The needs of cancer patients and their families from rural and remote areas of QueenslandAlexandra M Clavarino
Centre for Health Promotion and Cancer Prevention Research, School of Population Health, University of Queensland Medical School, Herston, Queensland, Australia
Aust J Rural Health 10:188-95. 2002....
- General practitioner attitudes to case conferences: how can we increase participation and effectiveness?Geoffrey K Mitchell
School of Population Health, University of Queensland Medical School, Herston, QLD 4006, Australia
Med J Aust 177:95-7. 2002....
- General practice research: attitudes and involvement of Queensland general practitionersDeborah A Askew
Centre for General Practice, School of Population Health, The University of Queensland Medical School, Herston Road, Herston, QLD 4006, Australia
Med J Aust 177:74-7. 2002..To determine general practitioners' (GPs') attitudes towards and involvement in general practice research...
- Quality of life of people who inject drugs: characteristics and comparisons with other population samplesJane A Fischer
Pharmacy Australia Centre for Excellence PACE, School of Pharmacy, The University of Queensland, Woolloongabba, 4102, Australia
Qual Life Res 22:2113-21. 2013..To assess the quality of life (QOL) of persons who inject drugs...
- Childhood and adolescent psychopathology and subsequent tobacco smoking in young adults: findings from an Australian birth cohortJane A Fischer
School of Pharmacy, Pharmacy Australia Centre for Excellence PACE, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Addiction 107:1669-76. 2012..To examine whether child and adolescent psychopathology predicts subsequent tobacco use at 14 and 21 years of age...
- Maternal depression and the quality of marital relationship: a 14-year prospective studyAbdullah A Mamun
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, and Child Development and Rehabilitation Services, Mater Children s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 18:2023-31. 2009..This study aims to investigate the bidirectional association between symptoms of depression and quality of marital relationship in a population-based cohort of women...