Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Which health-related quality of life score? A comparison of alternative utility measures in patients with Type 2 diabetes in the ADVANCE trialPaul Glasziou
Centre for Evidence Based Practice, Institute of Health Sciences, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:21. 2007..The study aimed to measure the impact of diabetes on various health-related quality of life domains, and compare several summary utility measures...
- Estimating the cost of complications of diabetes in Australia using administrative health-care dataPhilip Clarke
School of Public Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Value Health 11:199-206. 2008..To estimate Australian health-care costs in the year of first occurrence and subsequent years for major diabetes-related complications using administrative health-care data...
- Optimal recall length in survey designPhilip M Clarke
School of Public Health, The University of Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
J Health Econ 27:1275-84. 2008..A statistical framework is used to explore this trade-off. Finally we illustrate how optimal recall periods can be estimated using hospital use data from Sweden's Survey of Living Conditions...
- Measuring achievement: changes in risk factors for cardiovascular disease in AustraliaPhilip M Clarke
School of Public Health, Edward Ford Building A27, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2006, Australia
Soc Sci Med 68:552-61. 2009..All of these changes can be summarized using an achievement plane and graphs of net achievement to examine changes in prevalence and distribution of these risk factors over time...
- Calculating the concentration index when income is groupedPhilip Clarke
School of Public Health, The University of Sydney, Edward Ford Building A27, New South Wales 2006, Australia
J Health Econ 29:151-7. 2010..Use of this correction can substantially improve comparisons of the concentration index both across countries and across time...
- Estimating utility values for health states of type 2 diabetic patients using the EQ-5D (UKPDS 62)Philip Clarke
Med Decis Making 22:340-9. 2002..The aim of this study was to analyze quality-of-life data from the United Kingdom Prospective Diabetes Study (UKPDS) to estimate the impact of diabetes-related complications on utility-based measures of quality of life...
- Factors influencing the cost of hospital care for people with diabetes in AustraliaPhilip Clarke
Health Economics Research Centre, University of Oxford, Headington, Oxford, UK
J Diabetes Complications 20:349-55. 2006..To estimate the incidence of disease and annual disease-specific hospital costs for people with and without diabetes...
- Horizontal inequities in Australia's mixed public/private health care systemEddy van Doorslaer
Erasmus University, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Health Policy 86:97-108. 2008..To the extent that such inequalities in use may translate in inequalities in health outcomes, there may be some reason for concern...