L S Chipchase
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Peripheral electrical stimulation to induce cortical plasticity: a systematic review of stimulus parametersL S Chipchase
School of Health and Rehabilitations Sciences Physiotherapy, The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Clin Neurophysiol 122:456-63. 2011..There is insufficient evidence to determine the effect of other stimulation parameters such as frequency and waveform. Further research is needed to confirm whether modulation of these parameters affects plastic change...
- Interprofessional supervision in an intercultural context: a qualitative studyLucy Chipchase
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia
J Interprof Care 26:465-71. 2012..Further research is required to understand this view as interprofessional education aims to prepare graduates for collaborative practice where they may work in teams supervised by staff whose profession may differ from their own...
- Characteristics of student preparedness for clinical learning: clinical educator perspectives using the Delphi approachLucinda S Chipchase
The University of Queensland, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Queensland, Australia
BMC Med Educ 12:112. 2012..Therefore, the aim of this study was to ascertain clinical educators' views on the characteristics that they perceive demonstrate that a student is well prepared for clinical learning...
- A checklist for assessing the methodological quality of studies using transcranial magnetic stimulation to study the motor system: an international consensus studyLucy Chipchase
The University of Queensland, NHMRC Centre of Clinical Research Excellence in Spinal Pain, Injury and Health, Australia
Clin Neurophysiol 123:1698-704. 2012..Use of the TMS methodological checklist should improve the quality of data collection and reporting in TMS studies of the motor system...
- A national study of the availability and use of electrophysical agents by Australian physiotherapistsL S Chipchase
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, The University of Queensland, Queensland, Australia
Physiother Theory Pract 25:279-96. 2009..A group of EPAs, including ultraviolet light, microwave, and shortwave diathermy, was not used by over 90% of the sample. The study has provided contemporary national data on EPA availability and use in Australia...
- Corticospinal excitability is dependent on the parameters of peripheral electric stimulation: a preliminary studyLucy S Chipchase
School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences Physiotherapy and the National Health and Medical Research Council Centre of Clinical Research Excellence in Spinal Pain, Injury and Health, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 92:1423-30. 2011..To evaluate the effect of 6 electric stimulation paradigms on corticospinal excitability...
- Continuing professional development: the missing linkLucy S Chipchase
The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Man Ther 17:89-91. 2012..Suggestions and strategies for reconceptualising this aspect of continuing professional development are provided...