Affiliation: University of Sydney
- The effect of old age on liver oxygenation and the hepatic expression of VEGF and VEGFR2Rajkumar Cheluvappa
Centre for Education and Research on Ageing and ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney, Concord RG Hospital, Concord, NSW 2139, Australia
Exp Gerontol 42:1012-9. 2007..There are no age-related changes in VEGF expression but an increase in perisinusoidal VEGFR2 expression, which has implications for the effects of aging on the hepatic sinusoid...
- Effects of old age on hepatocyte oxygenationRajkumar Cheluvappa
ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney and Concord RG Hospital, Hospital Road, Concord NSW 2139, Australia
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1114:88-92. 2007..It is thus more likely that age-related reduction in liver ATP is attributable to mitochondrial dysfunction...
- Reactions of Pseudomonas aeruginosa pyocyanin with reduced glutathioneRajkumar Cheluvappa
Centre for Education and Research on Ageing and ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney and Concord RG Hospital, Concord, Australia
Acta Biochim Pol 55:571-80. 2008..The reaction between pyocyanin and GSH is concentration-, time-, and O(2)-dependent. The formation of H(2)O(2) as an intermediate and the thiol group in GSH seem to be important in this reaction...
- Liver sinusoidal endothelial cells and acute non-oxidative hepatic injury induced by Pseudomonas aeruginosa pyocyaninRajkumar Cheluvappa
Centre for Education and Research on Ageing and ANZAC Research Institute, University of Sydney and Concord RG Hospital, Concord, NSW, Australia
Int J Exp Pathol 89:410-8. 2008..Pyocyanin induces significant ultrastructural changes in the LSEC in the absence of immunohistochemical evidence of oxidative stress or hepatocyte injury pointing to a novel mechanism for pyocyanin pathogenesis...
- Caloric restriction reduces age-related pseudocapillarization of the hepatic sinusoidHamish A Jamieson
Centre for Education and Research on Ageing and ANZAC Medical Research Institute, Concord Hospital, Concord, NSW, Australia
Exp Gerontol 42:374-8. 2007..CR reduces age-related pseudocapillarization of the hepatic sinusoid and correlates with changes in caveolin-1 expression...
- The effect of Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence factor, pyocyanin, on the liver sinusoidal endothelial cellRajkumar Cheluvappa
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 22:1350-1. 2007