Jiun Horng Chang
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- CYP17 genetic polymorphism, breast cancer, and breast cancer risk factors: Australian Breast Cancer Family StudyJiun Horng Chang
Centre for Genetic Epidemiology, The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 7:R513-21. 2005..We attempted to replicate the findings of studies assessing such interactions with the -34T-->C polymorphism...
- The AIB1 glutamine repeat polymorphism is not associated with risk of breast cancer before age 40 years in Australian womenKaren G Montgomery
Cancer Genetics Laboratory, Victorian Breast Cancer Research Consortium, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, St, Andrews Place, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Breast Cancer Res 7:R353-6. 2005..It contains a glutamine repeat (CAG/CAA) polymorphism at its carboxyl-terminal region that may alter the transcriptional activation of the receptor and affect susceptibility to breast cancer through altered sensitivity to hormones...
- The RAD51D E233G variant and breast cancer risk: population-based and clinic-based family studies of Australian womenJames G Dowty
Centre for Molecular, Environmental, Genetic and Analytic Epidemiology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 112:35-9. 2008..Larger studies would be required to determine if this variant is associated with a smaller risk of breast cancer...
- Urban-rural differences in the management of screen-detected invasive breast cancer and ductal carcinoma in situ in victoriaDavid L Kok
School of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
ANZ J Surg 76:996-1001. 2006....
- Modelling atmospheric concentrations of grass pollen using meteorological variables in Melbourne, AustraliaBircan Erbas
Centre for Molecular Environmental Genetic Analytic Epidemiology, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Int J Environ Health Res 17:361-8. 2007..001). Nonlinear statistical methods such as the GAM approach have the potential to accurately predict ambient concentrations of pollen during the pollen season...
- A systematic approach to analysing gene-gene interactions: polymorphisms at the microsomal epoxide hydrolase EPHX and glutathione S-transferase GSTM1, GSTT1, and GSTP1 loci and breast cancer riskAmanda B Spurdle
Cancer and Cell Biology Division, The Queensland Institute of Medical Research and The University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:769-74. 2007....
- Predictors of participation in clinical and psychosocial follow-up of the kConFab breast cancer family cohortKelly Anne Phillips
Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre, Locked Bag No 1, A Beckett St, Victoria 8006, Australia
Fam Cancer 4:105-13. 2005..Prospective collection of epidemiological, psychosocial and outcome data in large breast cancer family cohorts should provide less biased data than retrospective studies regarding penetrance of breast cancer and modifiers of genetic risk...