Leonie K Callaway
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- The prevalence and impact of overweight and obesity in an Australian obstetric populationLeonie K Callaway
E Floor, Clinical Sciences Building, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston QLD 4029, Australia
Med J Aust 184:56-9. 2006..To assess the prevalence and impact of overweight and obesity in an Australian obstetric population...
- Exercise in obese pregnant women: the role of social factors, lifestyle and pregnancy symptomsKatie F Foxcroft
Department of Internal Medicine and Aged Care, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Butterfield St, Brisbane, 4029, Australia
BMC Pregnancy Childbirth 11:4. 2011..We examined which relevant sociodemographic, obstetric, and health behaviour variables and pregnancy symptoms were associated with exercise in a small sample of obese pregnant women...
- Diabetes mellitus in the 21 years after a pregnancy that was complicated by hypertension: findings from a prospective cohort studyLeonie K Callaway
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Obstet Gynecol 197:492.e1-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between hypertensive disorders of pregnancy (HDP) and self-reported diabetes mellitus 21 years after delivery...
- Prediction of fat-free mass and percentage of body fat in neonates using bioelectrical impedance analysis and anthropometric measures: validation against the PEA PODBarbara E Lingwood
The University of Queensland, Perinatal Research Centre, UQ Centre for Clinical Research, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston, QLD 4029, Australia
Br J Nutr 107:1545-52. 2012..Skinfold measurements performed poorly at all ages...
- Associations of excess weight gain during pregnancy with long-term maternal overweight and obesity: evidence from 21 y postpartum follow-upAbdullah A Mamun
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Herston Road, Herston, QLD 4006, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1336-41. 2010..However, whether GWG is a strong predictor of body mass index (BMI) 2 decades after the index pregnancy is unknown...
- Pregnancy outcomes in women of very advanced maternal ageLeonie K Callaway
Mater Misericordiae Hospitals, Queensland, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 45:12-6. 2005..To assess outcomes for pregnancies progressing beyond 20 weeks' gestation in women of very advanced maternal age...
- Prevention of gestational diabetes: feasibility issues for an exercise intervention in obese pregnant womenLeonie K Callaway
Royal Brisbane Clinical School, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, Australia
Diabetes Care 33:1457-9. 2010..To examine the feasibility of an individualized exercise program to prevent gestational diabetes mellitus (GDM) in obese pregnant women...
- Barriers to addressing overweight and obesity before conceptionLeonie K Callaway
Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Med J Aust 191:425-8. 2009..To investigate the issues that confront women when addressing overweight and obesity before conception...
- The association of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy with weight gain over the subsequent 21 years: findings from a prospective cohort studyLeonie K Callaway
Department of Internal Medicine, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, and Diamantina Institute, School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Am J Epidemiol 166:421-8. 2007..59, 95% confidence interval: 1.24, 2.04). The authors concluded that hypertensive disorders of pregnancy are associated with increased weight gain over 21 years...
- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy and long-term prognosisLeonie K Callaway
Am J Obstet Gynecol 199:e20; author reply e20-1. 2008