Philip M Burgess
Affiliation: University of Queensland
- Achievements in mental health outcome measurement in Australia: Reflections on progress made by the Australian Mental Health Outcomes and Classification Network (AMHOCN)Philip Burgess
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Locked Bag 500, Sumner Park BC, Queensland, 4077, Brisbane, Australia
Int J Ment Health Syst 6:4. 2012..abstract:..
- Adherence to antidepressant therapy for major depressive patients in a psychiatric hospital in ThailandBenjamas Prukkanone
School of Population Health, University of Queensland Herston, QLD 4006, Australia
BMC Psychiatry 10:64. 2010..This study aims to quantify the adherence rate to antidepressant treatment and to determine the pattern of prescriptions of depressed patients in a psychiatric institute in Thailand...
- Service use for mental health problems: findings from the 2007 National Survey of Mental Health and WellbeingPhilip M Burgess
School of Population Health, University of Queensland, Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, QLD, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:615-23. 2009..To provide an overview of 12 month rates of service use for mental health problems and mental disorders by the general Australian adult population...
- Policy initiative to improve access to psychological services for people with affective and anxiety disorders: population-level analysisMeredith G Harris
Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, Locked Bag 500, Sumner Park BC, Queensland 4077, Australia
Br J Psychiatry 198:99-108. 2011..Despite massive uptake, it has been suggested that Better Access is selectively treating socioeconomically advantaged people, including some who do not warrant treatment, and people already receiving equivalent services...
- Correlates of antidepressant and anxiolytic, hypnotic or sedative medication use in an Australian community sampleMeredith G Harris
School of Population Health, The University of Queensland, Queensland Centre for Mental Health Research, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:249-60. 2011..To explore the rates and correlates of antidepressant (AD) and anxiolytic, hypnotic or sedative (AHS) medication use in Australia, and describe possible reasons for their use...
- Media reporting of specific mental illnesses in the context of crime: implications for mental health literacyCatherine Francis
Program Evaluation Unit, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 179:638. 2003
- A review of the psychometric properties of the Health of the Nation Outcome Scales (HoNOS) family of measuresJane E Pirkis
School of Population Health, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
Health Qual Life Outcomes 3:76. 2005..There is, however, no comprehensive review of these instruments. This paper fills this gap by reviewing the psychometric properties of each...
- Meeting demand for psychological services for people with depression and anxiety: recent developments in primary mental health careJustine R Fletcher
Centre for Health Policy, Programs and Economics, School of Population Health, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 188:S107-9. 2008....
- Affective and anxiety disorders: prevalence, treatment and antidepressant medication useSamantha A Hollingworth
University of Queensland, Herston, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 44:513-9. 2010..The aim of the present study was to investigate the prevalence and treatment of affective and anxiety disorders in adults in Australia and compare these with the dispensed prescriptions of drugs used to treat these disorders...