Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Expression of the ghrelin receptor gene in neurons of the medulla oblongata of the ratRomke Bron
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
J Comp Neurol 521:2680-702. 2013....
- Rhythm of digestion: keeping time in the gastrointestinal tractRomke Bron
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 36:1041-8. 2009....
- Evidence for functional ghrelin receptors on parasympathetic preganglionic neurons of micturition control pathways in the ratDorota M Ferens
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3010, Australia
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:926-32. 2010..4. It is concluded that ghrelin receptors are expressed by lumbosacral autonomic preganglionic neurons of the micturition reflex pathways and that ghrelin receptor agonists stimulate these neurons...
- Boundary cap cells constrain spinal motor neuron somal migration at motor exit points by a semaphorin-plexin mechanismRomke Bron
MRC Centre for Developmental Neurobiology, King s College London, Guy s Campus, London Bridge, London, SE1 1UL, UK
Neural Dev 2:21. 2007..Here we used RNA interference in the chick embryo together with analysis of null mutant mice to identify possible boundary cap cell ligands, their receptors on motor neurons and cytoplasmic signalling molecules that control this process...
- Identification of enteroendocrine cells that express TRPA1 channels in the mouse intestineHyun Jung Cho
Department of Anatomy and Neuroscience, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, 3010, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 356:77-82. 2014..Thus TRPA1 is contained in very specific EEC populations. It is suggested that foods such as garlic and cinnamon that contain TRPA1 stimulants may aid digestion by facilitating the release of CCK...
- Ghrelin receptors are expressed by distal tubules of the mouse kidneyGene Venables
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Cell Tissue Res 346:135-9. 2011..In conclusion, ghrelin receptors have a restricted distribution in the kidney. The location in the straight parts of the distal tubules accords with observations that ghrelin promotes sodium retention...
- The reactions of specific neuron types to intestinal ischemia in the guinea pig enteric nervous systemLeni R Rivera
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Acta Neuropathol 118:261-70. 2009..Thus, this study revealed a selective damage to NOS neurons that was observed at 24 h and persisted up to 4 weeks, without a significant change in the relative numbers of NOS neurons...