Kaye E Brock
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Dietary fat and risk of renal cell carcinoma in the USA: a case-control studyKaye E Brock
Department of Behavioural and Community Health Sciences, Faculty of Heath Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Br J Nutr 101:1228-38. 2009..Our data also indicated that the association of RCC with high-fat spreads may be stronger among individuals with hypertension. These findings deserve further investigation in prospective studies...
- Low vitamin D status is associated with physical inactivity, obesity and low vitamin D intake in a large US sample of healthy middle-aged men and womenK Brock
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney USyd, East Street PO Box 170, Lidcombe, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 121:462-6. 2010..Thus targeting an increase in vigorous activity and vitamin D and calcium intake and decreasing obesity could be public health interventions independent of sun exposure to improve vitamin D status in middle-aged Americans...
- Worry in older community-residing adultsKaye Brock
Faculty of Health Sciences Cumberland Campus, The University of Sydney, Australia
Int J Aging Hum Dev 72:289-301. 2011..5, 95% CI = 1.4-8.9). This latter finding suggests the importance placed on the role of the hip and knee in maintaining functional capacity to perform life skills...
- Fruit, vegetables, fibre and micronutrients and risk of US renal cell carcinomaKaye E Brock
Department of Behavioural and Social Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Br J Nutr 108:1077-85. 2012..These findings deserve further investigation in ongoing prospective studies when sample size becomes sufficient...
- Diabetes prevalence is associated with serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D in US middle-aged Caucasian men and women: a cross-sectional analysis within the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening TrialKaye E Brock
Faculty of Health Sciences, University of Sydney, Lidcombe, NSW, Australia
Br J Nutr 106:339-44. 2011..In conclusion, the independent associations of 25(OH)D and 1,25(OH)(2)D with diabetes prevalence in a large population are new findings, and thus warrant confirmation in larger, prospective studies...
- Dietary protein intakes in patients with hepatic encephalopathy and cirrhosis: current practice in NSW and ACTJoanne K Heyman
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, NSW, Australia. joanne.heymanATcs.nsw.gov.au
Med J Aust 185:542-3. 2006..CONCLUSION: Many medical and dietetic staff inappropriately restrict protein intake of patients with cirrhosis...
- Reproductive health and access to healthcare facilities: risk factors for depression and anxiety in women with an earthquake experienceJasim Anwar
Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Sydney, East Street, Lidcombe, NSW, 1825, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:523. 2011....