Genomes and Genes
David R Booth
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- IL28B, HLA-C, and KIR variants additively predict response to therapy in chronic hepatitis C virus infection in a European Cohort: a cross-sectional studyVijayaprakash Suppiah
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
PLoS Med 8:e1001092. 2011....
- Identification of improved IL28B SNPs and haplotypes for prediction of drug response in treatment of hepatitis C using massively parallel sequencing in a cross-sectional European cohortKatherine R Smith
Institute for Immunology and Allergy Research, Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
Genome Med 3:57. 2011..In people of European ancestry, there are 6 common (more than 1%) haplotypes for IL28B, one tagged by the rs8099917 minor allele, four tagged by rs12979860...
- IL28B is associated with response to chronic hepatitis C interferon-alpha and ribavirin therapyVijayaprakash Suppiah
Storr Liver Unit, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Nat Genet 41:1100-4. 2009..These data suggest that host genetics may be useful for the prediction of drug response, and they also support the investigation of the role of IL28B in the treatment of HCV and in other diseases treated with IFN-alpha...
- The autoimmune disease-associated transcription factors EOMES and TBX21 are dysregulated in multiple sclerosis and define a molecular subtype of diseaseGrant P Parnell
Institute for Immunology and Allergy Research, Westmead Millennium Institute University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales 2145, Australia
Clin Immunol 151:16-24. 2014..Expression was stable over time, but did not predict disease phenotype. Optimal response to therapy might be indicated by normalization of expression of these genes in blood. ..
- Will IL28B polymorphisms remain relevant to direct-acting antiviral treatment paradigms?Golo Ahlenstiel
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute and Westmead Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Antivir Ther 17:1163-70. 2012....
- IL28B in hepatitis C virus infection: translating pharmacogenomics into clinical practiceGolo Ahlenstiel
Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute, Westmead Hospital, University of Sydney, Hawkesbury Road, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
J Gastroenterol 45:903-10. 2010..It will conclude with a discussion on how the research observations may translate into clinical practice and drug development...
- Ribosomal protein S6 mRNA is a biomarker upregulated in multiple sclerosis, downregulated by interferon treatment, and affected by seasonGrant P Parnell
Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Mult Scler 20:675-85. 2014..Multiple Sclerosis (MS) is an immune-mediated disease of the central nervous system which responds to therapies targeting circulating immune cells...
- Interaction of IFNL3 with insulin resistance, steatosis and lipid metabolism in chronic hepatitis C virus infectionMohammed Eslam
Mohammed Eslam, Jacob George, Golo Ahlenstiel, Storr Liver Unit, Westmead Millennium Institute and Westmead Hospital, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW 2145, Australia
World J Gastroenterol 19:7055-61. 2013..This review analyzes the current data regarding this interaction and its meaning for HCV pathogenesis and disease progression. ..
- Identifying key regulatory genes in the whole blood of septic patients to monitor underlying immune dysfunctionsGrant P Parnell
Department of Intensive Care Medicine, University of Sydney, Nepean Hospital and Nepean Clinical School, Sydney, Australia
Shock 40:166-74. 2013..Our study provides an experimental basis to support further study on the use of a gene expression-based assay, to assess immunosuppression, and to guide immunotherapy in future clinical trials. ..
- IL7Rα expression and upregulation by IFNβ in dendritic cell subsets is haplotype-dependentFiona C McKay
Institute for Immunology and Allergy Research, Westmead Millennium Institute, Sydney, New South Whales, Australia Department of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Whales, Australia
PLoS ONE 8:e77508. 2013..IL7Rα haplotype may contribute to MS susceptibility through reduced capacity for IL7Rα signalling in myeloid cells, especially in the presence of IFNβ, and is currently under investigation as a predictor of therapeutic response. ..
- The multiple sclerosis whole blood mRNA transcriptome and genetic associations indicate dysregulation of specific T cell pathways in pathogenesisKaushal S Gandhi
Westmead Millennium Institute, University of Sydney, Sydney, Darcy Rd, New South Wales 2145, Australia
Hum Mol Genet 19:2134-43. 2010..Overall, these data indicate dysregulation of T cells can be detected in the whole blood of untreated MS patients, and supports targeting of activated T cells in therapy for all forms of MS...