- A framework of lessons learned from community-based marine reserves and its effectiveness in guiding a new coastal management initiative in the PhilippinesMaria Beger
The Ecology Centre, University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4072, Australia
Environ Manage 34:786-801. 2004..However, the relative importance of each component of the framework will vary between coastal management initiatives both within the Philippines and across the wider Asian region...
- Effectiveness of surrogate taxa in the design of coral reef reserve systems in the Indo-PacificMaria Beger
The Ecology Centre, The School of Integrative Biology, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD, 4072, Australia
Conserv Biol 21:1584-93. 2007..We concluded that in Indo-Pacific coral reef ecosystems one can only be sure that a target taxon is efficiently represented in a reserve system when data on that taxon are used to select a reserve system...
- Prioritizing land and sea conservation investments to protect coral reefsCarissa J Klein
The Ecology Centre, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e12431. 2010..g. warming water and ocean acidification). Limited resources for conservation require that we efficiently prioritize where and how to best sustain coral reef ecosystems...
- Bikini Atoll coral biodiversity resilience five decades after nuclear testingZoe T Richards
Museum of Tropical Queensland, Flinders St, Townsville, Qld 4810, Australia
Mar Pollut Bull 56:503-15. 2008..We suggest the highly diverse Rongelap Atoll to the east of Bikini may have contributed larval propagules to facilitate the partial resilience of coral biodiversity in the absence of additional anthropogenic threats...
- Thinking outside the reefEric L Peterson
Science 319:1759. 2008