S D Baulk
Affiliation: University of South Australia
- At home and away: measuring the sleep of Australian truck driversStuart D Baulk
Integrated Safety Support, PO Box 2343, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 45:36-40. 2012..This study is unique in its direct examination of sleep quantity and quality in truck drivers sleeping at home and away from home...
- Chasing the silver bullet: measuring driver fatigue using simple and complex tasksS D Baulk
Centre for Sleep Research, University of South Australia, Level 7, Playford Building, City East Campus, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Accid Anal Prev 40:396-402. 2008..Further research is needed to closely examine links between performance measures, and to facilitate accurate management of fitness to drive, which requires more complex assessments of performance than RT alone...
- A field study of sleep and fatigue in a regular rotating 12-h shift systemS D Baulk
Centre for Sleep Research, University of South Australia, Level 7 Playford Building, Frome Road, Adelaide, SA 5000, Australia
Appl Ergon 40:694-8. 2009..Employees may "sleep in" after day shifts, rather than taking extra sleep prior to night work. Thus, sleep between day and night shifts is based on recovery rather than preparation...
- Effects of moderate sleep deprivation and low-dose alcohol on driving simulator performance and perception in young menA Vakulin
Adelaide Institute for Sleep Health, Repatriation General Hospital, Daw Park, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Sleep 30:1327-33. 2007..To determine the combined effects of sleep restriction and low-dose alcohol on driving simulator performance, EEG, and subjective levels of sleepiness and performance in the mid-afternoon...
- Countermeasures to driver fatigue: a review of public awareness campaigns and legal approachesA Fletcher
Centre for Sleep Research, University of South Australia
Aust N Z J Public Health 29:471-6. 2005..The aim of this article is to review countermeasures for non-commercial drivers that are designed to reduce the likelihood of fatigue-related crashes through education and legislation...