Affiliation: University of Melbourne
- Comparison of experiences of stress and coping between young people at risk of psychosis and a non-clinical cohortLisa Jane Phillips
University of Melbourne, Psychological Sciences, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Behav Cogn Psychother 40:69-88. 2012....
- Cannabis use is not associated with the development of psychosis in an 'ultra' high-risk groupLisa J Phillips
Personal Assessment and Chris Evaluation PACE Clinic, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 36:800-6. 2002..The association between cannabis use and the development of a first psychotic episode was studied in a group of 100 young people identified as being at very high risk for the onset of psychosis...
- Cost implications of specific and non-specific treatment for young persons at ultra high risk of developing a first episode of psychosisLisa J Phillips
Departments of Psychology and Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Orygen Health Research Centre, Parkville, VIC 3010, Australia
Early Interv Psychiatry 3:28-34. 2009..This paper reports cost implications of providing psychological and pharmacological intervention for individuals at UHR for psychosis compared with minimal psychological treatment...
- Randomized controlled trial of interventions for young people at ultra-high risk of psychosis: study design and baseline characteristicsLisa J Phillips
Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:818-29. 2009..Results of three clinical trials have been published that provide mixed support for the effectiveness of psychological and pharmacological interventions in preventing the onset of psychotic disorder...
- Strategies used by psychotic individuals to cope with life stress and symptoms of illness: a systematic reviewLisa J Phillips
School of Behavioural Science, University of Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Anxiety Stress Coping 22:371-410. 2009..It also seems that there is no one coping strategy that is universally effective and situational, or other factors may influence both the choice of coping strategy implemented and its efficacy...
- Medium term follow-up of a randomized controlled trial of interventions for young people at ultra high risk of psychosisLisa J Phillips
Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne, Vic, 3010 Australia
Schizophr Res 96:25-33. 2007....
- Stress and psychosis: towards the development of new models of investigationLisa J Phillips
Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3010
Clin Psychol Rev 27:307-17. 2007....
- Stress, the hippocampus and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis: implications for the development of psychotic disordersLisa J Phillips
Department of Psychology, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 40:725-41. 2006..This paper summarizes and discusses evidence supporting a role for HPA-axis dysfunction in the early phase of schizophrenia and related disorders...
- Prediction and prevention of transition to psychosis in young people at incipient risk for schizophreniaLisa J Phillips
PACE Clinic, Parkville, Victoria, Australia
Am J Med Genet 114:929-37. 2002..Additionally, biological and psychological processes that have been proposed to underlie the development of illness have been investigated and potential preventive interventions have been evaluated...
- Non-reduction in hippocampal volume is associated with higher risk of psychosisLisa J Phillips
PACE Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, 35 Poplar Road, Victoria 3052, Parkville, Australia
Schizophr Res 58:145-58. 2002..Alternatively, selection factors associated with the UHR cohort may have created a bias in the results. Replication of these results is required in other high-risk cohorts...