C A Abbott
Affiliation: University of Sydney
- Two highly conserved glutamic acid residues in the predicted beta propeller domain of dipeptidyl peptidase IV are required for its enzyme activityC A Abbott
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Centenary Institute of Cell Biology and Cancer Medicine, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney, Newton, NSW, Australia
FEBS Lett 458:278-84. 1999..This observation suggests a novel role in proteolysis for residues of DPP IV distant from the Ser-Asp-His catalytic triad...
- Cloning, expression and chromosomal localization of a novel human dipeptidyl peptidase (DPP) IV homolog, DPP8C A Abbott
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biologyand The University of Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur J Biochem 267:6140-50. 2000..The similarities between DPP8 and DPPIV in tissue expression pattern and substrates suggests a potential role for DPP8 in T-cell activation and immune function...
- Molecular pathogenesis of liver disease: an approach to hepatic inflammation, cirrhosis and liver transplant toleranceG W McCaughan
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology and The University of Sydney, Australia
Immunol Rev 174:172-91. 2000..This review touches on these diverse aspects of liver function and disease...
- Soluble CD26 / dipeptidyl peptidase IV enhances human lymphocyte proliferation in vitro independent of dipeptidyl peptidase enzyme activity and adenosine deaminase bindingD M T Yu
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Centenary Institute and Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Scand J Immunol 73:102-11. 2011..Thus, effects of soluble human CD26 on human T-cell proliferation are mechanistically independent of both the enzyme activity and the ADA-binding capability of sCD26...
- Genomic organization, exact localization, and tissue expression of the human CD26 (dipeptidyl peptidase IV) geneC A Abbott
A W Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
Immunogenetics 40:331-8. 1994..Only the 4.2 kb mRNA was expressed at low levels in skeletal muscle, heart, brain, and pancreas. Fluorescence in situ hybridization on metaphase chromosome spreads located the human CD26 gene to the long arm of chromosome 2(2q24.3)...
- Identification of novel molecules and pathogenic pathways in primary biliary cirrhosis: cDNA array analysis of intrahepatic differential gene expressionN A Shackel
AW Morrow Gastroenterology and Liver Centre, Centenary Institute of Cancer Medicine and Cell Biology, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital and the University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Gut 49:565-76. 2001..CONCLUSION: Many genes implicated in intrahepatic inflammation, fibrosis, and regeneration were upregulated in PBC cirrhosis. In particular, increased expression of a number of Drosophila homologues was seen in PBC...
- CD26T Chen
School of Biological Sciences, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 18:47-54. 2004