Amy E Pennay
Affiliation: Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre
- Barriers to methamphetamine withdrawal treatment in Australia: findings from a survey of AOD service providersAmy E Pennay
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, Melbourne, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 28:636-40. 2009..This study examined the current practices and barriers to methamphetamine withdrawal treatment in Australia...
- Putting the call out for more research: the poor evidence base for treating methamphetamine withdrawalAmy E Pennay
Clinical Research Program, Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, 54 62 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 30:216-22. 2011..Insufficient knowledge regarding the withdrawal syndrome of methamphetamine and the appropriate management of these symptoms may be a contributing factor to the low treatment attendance...
- Combining energy drinks and alcohol - a recipe for trouble?Amy Pennay
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, Eastern Health and Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 40:104-7. 2011..Combining energy drinks (such as 'Red Bull(®)') with alcohol is becoming increasingly popular, particularly among young people. However, as yet, limited research has been conducted examining the harms associated with this form of drinking...
- A systematic review of interventions for co-occurring substance use disorder and borderline personality disorderAmy Pennay
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, Eastern Health, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
J Subst Abuse Treat 41:363-73. 2011..Further research is needed to examine effective treatment options for co-occurring SUD and BPD, especially those that are likely to be applicable in mainstream drug treatment settings...
- Risky drinking among young Australians - causes, effects and implications for GPsAmy Pennay
Turning Point and Drug Centre, Eastern Health and Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 40:584-8. 2011..Rates of risky drinking among young Australians have increased substantially over the past 2 decades, resulting in significant community concern...