Amy E Pennay
Affiliation: Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre
- Geographies of exclusion: Street drinking, gentrification and contests over public spaceAmy Pennay
Centre for Alcohol Policy Research, Turning Point, Eastern Health, 54 62 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia Centre for Health and Society, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne, Parkville, Victoria 3052, Australia Electronic address
Int J Drug Policy 25:1084-93. 2014..It is no coincidence that these laws have been implemented at the same time that significant advancements in urban renewal and gentrification have occurred in metropolitan cities...
- Barriers to methamphetamine withdrawal treatment in Australia: findings from a survey of AOD service providersAmy E Pennay
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, Melbourne, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 28:636-40. 2009..This study examined the current practices and barriers to methamphetamine withdrawal treatment in Australia...
- Putting the call out for more research: the poor evidence base for treating methamphetamine withdrawalAmy E Pennay
Clinical Research Program, Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, 54 62 Gertrude Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065, Australia
Drug Alcohol Rev 30:216-22. 2011..Insufficient knowledge regarding the withdrawal syndrome of methamphetamine and the appropriate management of these symptoms may be a contributing factor to the low treatment attendance...
- Combining energy drinks and alcohol - a recipe for trouble?Amy Pennay
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, Eastern Health and Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Aust Fam Physician 40:104-7. 2011..Combining energy drinks (such as 'Red Bull(®)') with alcohol is becoming increasingly popular, particularly among young people. However, as yet, limited research has been conducted examining the harms associated with this form of drinking...
- A systematic review of interventions for co-occurring substance use disorder and borderline personality disorderAmy Pennay
Turning Point Alcohol and Drug Centre, Eastern Health, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
J Subst Abuse Treat 41:363-73. 2011..Further research is needed to examine effective treatment options for co-occurring SUD and BPD, especially those that are likely to be applicable in mainstream drug treatment settings...
- Risky drinking among young Australians - causes, effects and implications for GPsAmy Pennay
Turning Point and Drug Centre, Eastern Health and Monash University, Melbourne, Victoria
Aust Fam Physician 40:584-8. 2011..Rates of risky drinking among young Australians have increased substantially over the past 2 decades, resulting in significant community concern...