- The renoprotective actions of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors agonists in diabetesM C Thomas
Division of Diabetic Complications, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, P O Box 6492, Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
PPAR Res 2012:456529. 2012..This review will examine these direct and indirect actions of PPAR agonists in the diabetic kidney and explore recent findings of clinical trials of PPAR agonists in patients with diabetes...
- Angiotensin-Converting Enzyme 2 (ACE2) Is a Key Modulator of the Renin Angiotensin System in Health and DiseaseChris Tikellis
Division of Diabetic Complications, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, P O Box 6492 Melbourne, VIC 8008, Australia
Int J Pept 2012:256294. 2012..Not surprisingly, current therapeutic strategies for ACE2 involve augmenting its expression using ACE2 adenoviruses, recombinant ACE2 or compounds in these diseases thereby affording some organ protection...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 is a key modulator of the renin-angiotensin system in cardiovascular and renal diseaseChris Tikellis
Division of Diabetic Complications, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens 20:62-8. 2011..Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 (ACE2) has recently emerged as a key regulator of the renin-angiotensin system in both health and disease...
- Dicarbonyl stress in the absence of hyperglycemia increases endothelial inflammation and atherogenesis similar to that observed in diabetesChris Tikellis
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia Central Clinical School, Clinical Hematology, Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Diabetes 63:3915-25. 2014..Such data would suggest that a synergistic combination of RAGE antagonism and antioxidants may offer the greatest utility for the prevention and management of diabetic vascular complications. ..
- Direct antiatherosclerotic effects of PPAR agonistsKarin A M Jandeleit-Dahm
Diabetes Division, Albert Einstein JDRF Centre for Diabetes Complications, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Curr Opin Lipidol 20:24-9. 2009..The purpose of this review is to evaluate the currently available evidence for a direct vasculoprotective effect of PPAR agonists...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 mediates hyperfiltration associated with diabetesChris Tikellis
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Central, Melbourne 8008, Victoria, Australia
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 306:F773-80. 2014..The results of our study suggest that ACE2 plays a key role in the recruitment of the renal reserve and hyperfiltration associated with diabetes. ..
- Association of dietary sodium intake with atherogenesis in experimental diabetes and with cardiovascular disease in patients with Type 1 diabetesChris Tikellis
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492, Melbourne, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 124:617-26. 2013....
- Short-Term Treatment with Diminazene Aceturate Ameliorates the Reduction in Kidney ACE2 Activity in Rats with Subtotal NephrectomyElena Velkoska
Department of Medicine, The University of Melbourne, Austin Health, Heidelberg, Victoria, Australia
PLoS ONE 10:e0118758. 2015..In ex vivo studies, DIZE did not increase ACE2 activity in either Control or STNx kidney cortical membranes. It is not yet known if chronic administration of DIZE has long-term benefits to slow the progression of kidney disease. ..
- Interaction of diabetes and ACE2 in the pathogenesis of cardiovascular disease in experimental diabetesChris Tikellis
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Central, Melbourne 8008, Australia
Clin Sci (Lond) 123:519-29. 2012....