Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- PRMT5-mediated methylation of histone H4R3 recruits DNMT3A, coupling histone and DNA methylation in gene silencingQuan Zhao
Rotary Bone Marrow Research Laboratories, Melbourne Health Research Directorate, Grattan Street, Parkville, VIC 3050, Australia
Nat Struct Mol Biol 16:304-11. 2009..Our findings define DNMT3A as both a reader and a writer of repressive epigenetic marks, thereby directly linking histone and DNA methylation in gene silencing...
- Identification of a PRMT5-dependent repressor complex linked to silencing of human fetal globin gene expressionGerhard Rank
Rotary Bone Marrow Research Laboratories, Melbourne Health Research Directorate, Parkville, Australia
Blood 116:1585-92. 2010..These studies define coordinated epigenetic events linked to fetal globin gene silencing, and provide potential therapeutic targets for the treatment of beta-thalassemia and SCD...
- Repression of human gamma-globin gene expression by a short isoform of the NF-E4 protein is associated with loss of NF-E2 and RNA polymerase II recruitment to the promoterQuan Zhao
Rotary Bone Marrow Research Laboratory, Royal Melbourne Hospital Research Foundation, Parkville, Australia
Blood 107:2138-45. 2006..These findings provide one potential mechanism that could contribute to the autonomous silencing of the human gamma-genes in adult erythroid cells...
- Site-specific acetylation of the fetal globin activator NF-E4 prevents its ubiquitination and regulates its interaction with the histone deacetylase, HDAC1Quan Zhao
Rotary Bone Marrow Research Laboratory, Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
J Biol Chem 279:41477-86. 2004..These results provide further demonstration that co-activators, such as PCAF, can influence individual transcription factor properties at multiple levels to alter their effects on gene expression...
- Epidermal wound repair is regulated by the planar cell polarity signaling pathwayJacinta Caddy
Rotary Bone Marrow Research Laboratories, Parkville, Victoria 3050, Australia
Dev Cell 19:138-47. 2010..These results define a role for Grhl3 in PCP signaling and broadly implicate this pathway in epidermal repair...