Sarah L White
Affiliation: The George Institute for International Health
- Alcohol consumption and 5-year onset of chronic kidney disease: the AusDiab studySarah L White
The George Institute for International Health, Sydney, Australia
Nephrol Dial Transplant 24:2464-72. 2009..Excessive alcohol consumption is a risk factor for hypertension and stroke; however, evidence for an association with chronic kidney disease is conflicting...
- Uric acid is a risk factor for ischemic stroke and all-cause mortality in the general population: a gender specific analysis from The Tromsø StudyHilde M Storhaug
Department of Clinical Medicine, UiT The Arctic University of Norway, Tromsø, Norway
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 13:115. 2013....
- Limited knowledge of kidney disease in a survey of AusDiab study participantsSarah L White
Renal Division, The George Institute, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 188:204-8. 2008..To explore awareness of the causes of kidney disease and recollection of kidney function testing in a cohort of Australian adults...
- Socioeconomic disadvantage and kidney disease in the United States, Australia, and ThailandSarah L White
George Institute, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Public Health 98:1306-13. 2008..We sought to determine whether an elevated burden of chronic kidney disease is found among disadvantaged groups living in the United States, Australia, and Thailand...
- Is low birth weight an antecedent of CKD in later life? A systematic review of observational studiesSarah L White
The George Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 54:248-61. 2009..There has been considerable interest in the hypothesis that low birth weight may be a marker of impaired nephrogenesis and that this is causally related to chronic kidney disease (CKD)...
- Comparison of the prevalence and mortality risk of CKD in Australia using the CKD Epidemiology Collaboration (CKD-EPI) and Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study GFR estimating equations: the AusDiab (Australian Diabetes, Obesity and LifestyleSarah L White
The George Institute for International Health, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 55:660-70. 2010..The Chronic Kidney Disease Epidemiology Collaboration (CKD-EPI) is more accurate than the Modification of Diet in Renal Disease (MDRD) Study equation. We applied both equations in a cohort representative of the Australian adult population...
- Diagnostic accuracy of urine dipsticks for detection of albuminuria in the general communitySarah L White
George Institute For Global Health, Sydney, Australia
Am J Kidney Dis 58:19-28. 2011..Urine dipsticks, an inexpensive accessible test for proteinuria, are widely advocated for mass screening; however, their diagnostic accuracy in the general community is largely unknown...
- Physical inactivity and chronic kidney disease in Australian adults: the AusDiab studySarah L White
The George Institute for International Health, PO Box M201, Missenden Rd, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia Central Clinical School, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Australia
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 21:104-12. 2011..We examined the association between leisure-time physical activity and risk of chronic kidney disease in a prospective, population-based cohort of Australians aged ≥ 25 years (AusDiab)...
- How can we achieve global equity in provision of renal replacement therapy?Sarah L White
The George Institute for International Health, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Missenden Road, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Bull World Health Organ 86:229-37. 2008..Prevention of end-stage kidney disease, ideally as part of an integrated approach to chronic vascular diseases, must also be a key objective...