Affiliation: The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Features of the metabolic syndrome after childhood craniopharyngiomaS Srinivasan
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:81-6. 2004..This could be a result of hypothalamic damage causing obesity and GH deficiency. Further studies exploring predictors of the metabolic syndrome after craniopharyngioma surgery are required...
- An ambulatory stabilisation program for children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetesShubha Srinivasan
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Med J Aust 180:277-80. 2004..i) To evaluate the benefits and adverse effects of a Diabetes Day Care Program (DDCP); and (ii) to compare outcomes in two cohorts diagnosed before and after implementing the DDCP ("pre-DDCP" and "post-DDCP")...
- Randomized, controlled trial of metformin for obesity and insulin resistance in children and adolescents: improvement in body composition and fasting insulinShubha Srinivasan
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001 Westmead, New South Wales 2145, Australia
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 91:2074-80. 2006..Metformin therapy for adults and children with type 2 diabetes is well established. However, its role in the treatment of insulin resistance and obesity in children and adolescents is less clearly defined...
- Evaluation of glycaemic status in young people with clinical insulin resistance; fasting glucose, fasting insulin or an oral glucose tolerance test?Sarah P Garnett
Division of Research, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 72:475-80. 2010..However, it is unclear how to best screen overweight and obese young people for prediabetes. The objective of this study was to compare fasting indices with an oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT) in diagnosing prediabetes...
- Body mass index and waist circumference in midchildhood and adverse cardiovascular disease risk clustering in adolescenceSarah P Garnett
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 86:549-55. 2007..Body mass index (BMI) may not indicate the level of central adiposity associated with the clustering of cardiovascular disease (CVD) risk factors. Hence, it has been recommended that waist circumference be used as an alternative measure...
- Researching Effective Strategies to Improve Insulin Sensitivity in Children and Teenagers - RESIST. A randomised control trial investigating the effects of two different diets on insulin sensitivity in young people with insulin resistance and/or pre-diabeSarah P Garnett
Kids Research Institute, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:575. 2010....