Affiliation: The Cancer Council Victoria
- Review of the quality of studies on the economic effects of smoke-free policies on the hospitality industryM Scollo
VicHealth Centre for Tobacco Control, The Cancer Council, Victoria, Melbourne, Australia
Tob Control 12:13-20. 2003..To compare the quality and funding source of studies concluding a negative economic impact of smoke-free policies in the hospitality industry to studies concluding no such negative impact...
- Is household smoking status associated with expenditure on food at restaurants, alcohol, gambling and insurance? Results from the 1998-99 Household Expenditure Survey, AustraliaM Siahpush
VicHealth Centre for Tobacco Control, Cancer Control Research Institute, The Cancer Council Victoria, 100 Drummond Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3053, Australia
Tob Control 13:409-14. 2004..To examine how household expenditure on food at restaurants, alcohol, gambling and insurance vary between smoking and non-smoking households...
- Smoking and financial stressM Siahpush
VicHealth Centre for Tobacco Control, Cancer Control Research Institute, The Cancer Council Victoria, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Tob Control 12:60-6. 2003..However, it is plausible that the cost of smoking may create financial stress, particularly among the poor. The aim of the study was to examine the relationship between smoking and financial stress...
- Impact of tobacco tax reforms on tobacco prices and tobacco use in AustraliaM Scollo
VicHealth Centre for Tobacco Control, Australia
Tob Control 12:ii59-66. 2003..The fall in smoking consumption over the first two phases was slightly less than would be expected and in the third considerably higher than would be expected...
- The economic impact of smoke-free legislation on sales turnover in restaurants and pubs in TasmaniaA Lal
Tob Control 13:454-5. 2004
- Big Mac index of cigarette affordabilityA Lal
Tob Control 11:280-2. 2002