Affiliation: The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Women's knowledge and attitudes regarding alcohol consumption in pregnancy: a national surveyElizabeth Peadon
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
BMC Public Health 10:510. 2010..In order to improve prevention strategies, we sought to describe the knowledge and attitudes of women of childbearing age regarding alcohol consumption during pregnancy and its effects on the fetus...
- Whooping cough: are health-care workers putting children at risk?Elizabeth Peadon
Community Paediatrics, Fairfield Health Service, Fairfield, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:398-402. 2007..To explore the attitudes and knowledge of health-care workers (HCW) towards whooping cough and an adult whooping cough booster for HCW...
- Attitudes and behaviour predict women's intention to drink alcohol during pregnancy: the challenge for health professionalsElizabeth Peadon
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:584. 2011....
- Systematic review of interventions for children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum DisordersElizabeth Peadon
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, Australia
BMC Pediatr 9:35. 2009..Our aim is to conduct a systematic review of the literature to identify and evaluate the evidence for pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions for children with FASD...
- International survey of diagnostic services for children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum DisordersElizabeth Peadon
Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Locked Bag 4001, 2145 Westmead, Australia
BMC Pediatr 8:12. 2008..The objective of this study was to describe specialist clinical service provision for the diagnosis and assessment of children exposed to alcohol in pregnancy...
- Impacts of alcohol use in pregnancy--the role of the GPElizabeth Peadon
The Children s Hospital at Westmead, New South Wales
Aust Fam Physician 36:935-9. 2007..Fetal alcohol syndrome (FAS) is a preventable cause of developmental delay and growth failure...
- Impacts of national surveillance for uncommon conditions in childhoodYvonne A Zurynski
Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, NSW, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 43:724-31. 2007..In this review we give examples of the value of information gathered through the APSU surveillance system in the last 14 years...
- 'I enjoy teaching but...': Paediatricians' attitudes to teaching medical students and junior doctorsElizabeth Peadon
The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 46:647-52. 2010..To explore consultant paediatricians' attitudes, motivations, and barriers to training medical students and junior doctors...
- Distinguishing between attention-deficit hyperactivity and fetal alcohol spectrum disorders in children: clinical guidelinesElizabeth Peadon
Discipline of Paediatrics and Child, Health, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 6:509-15. 2010....
- Congenital and neonatal varicella: impact of the national varicella vaccination programme in AustraliaGulam Khandaker
National Centre for Immunisation Research and Surveillance of Vaccine Preventable Diseases, Children s Hospital at Westmead and University of Sydney, Westmead, NSW 2145, Australia
Arch Dis Child 96:453-6. 2011..The aim of this study was to compare the current incidence and outcomes of congenital and neonatal varicella in Australia with similarly collected data from 1995 to 1997...