Stephen L Nutt
Affiliation: The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- Vasanthakumar A, Xu D, Lun A, Kueh A, van Gisbergen K, Iannarella N, et al. A non-canonical function of Ezh2 preserves immune homeostasis. EMBO Rep. 2017;18:619-631 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we have identified a chromatin-independent function of Ezh2 that impacts on the development of the immune system. ..
- Nutt S, Metcalf D, D Amico A, Polli M, Wu L. Dynamic regulation of PU.1 expression in multipotent hematopoietic progenitors. J Exp Med. 2005;201:221-31 pubmed..Thus, down-regulation of PU.1 expression in the CMP is the first molecularly identified event associated with the restriction of differentiation to erythroid and megakaryocyte lineages. ..
- Nutt S, Kallies A, Belz G. Blimp-1 connects the intrinsic and extrinsic regulation of T cell homeostasis. J Clin Immunol. 2008;28:97-106 pubmed..Interestingly, Blimp-1 expression is controlled by the same cgammaC cytokines that regulate T cell homeostasis suggesting a direct link between the extrinsic and intrinsic arms of the process. ..
- Nutt S, Fairfax K, Kallies A. BLIMP1 guides the fate of effector B and T cells. Nat Rev Immunol. 2007;7:923-7 pubmed..In addition, an important role for BLIMP1 in maintaining the homeostasis of effector T cells is emerging, suggesting intriguing parallels between the control of effector-cell fates in both B and T cells...
- Nutt S, Tarlinton D. Germinal center B and follicular helper T cells: siblings, cousins or just good friends?. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:472-7 pubmed..Less is known about the memory B cells that arise from the GC pool, as they seem to be distinctly 'programmed' on the basis of their antigen receptor affinity to enter the long-lived memory pool...
- Holmes M, Huntington N, Thong R, Brady J, Hayakawa Y, Andoniou C, et al. Peripheral natural killer cell maturation depends on the transcription factor Aiolos. EMBO J. 2014;33:2721-34 pubmed publisher..These data place Aiolos in the emerging gene regulatory network controlling NK-cell maturation and function. ..
- Chopin M, Preston S, Lun A, Tellier J, Smyth G, Pellegrini M, et al. RUNX2 Mediates Plasmacytoid Dendritic Cell Egress from the Bone Marrow and Controls Viral Immunity. Cell Rep. 2016;15:866-878 pubmed publisher....
- Dias S, D Amico A, Cretney E, Liao Y, Tellier J, Bruggeman C, et al. Effector Regulatory T Cell Differentiation and Immune Homeostasis Depend on the Transcription Factor Myb. Immunity. 2017;46:78-91 pubmed publisher....
- Willis S, Tellier J, Liao Y, Trezise S, Light A, O Donnell K, et al. Environmental sensing by mature B cells is controlled by the transcription factors PU.1 and SpiB. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1426 pubmed publisher..PU.1 and SpiB regulate the expression of many components of the B cell receptor signaling pathway and the receptors for CD40L, BAFF and TLR ligands. Thus, PU.1 and SpiB enable B cells to appropriately respond to environmental cues. ..