Genomes and Genes
Stephen L Nutt
Affiliation: The Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research
- Nutt S, Kallies A, Belz G. Blimp-1 connects the intrinsic and extrinsic regulation of T cell homeostasis. J Clin Immunol. 2008;28:97-106 pubmed..Interestingly, Blimp-1 expression is controlled by the same cgammaC cytokines that regulate T cell homeostasis suggesting a direct link between the extrinsic and intrinsic arms of the process. ..
- Nutt S, Fairfax K, Kallies A. BLIMP1 guides the fate of effector B and T cells. Nat Rev Immunol. 2007;7:923-7 pubmed..In addition, an important role for BLIMP1 in maintaining the homeostasis of effector T cells is emerging, suggesting intriguing parallels between the control of effector-cell fates in both B and T cells...
- Nutt S, Tarlinton D. Germinal center B and follicular helper T cells: siblings, cousins or just good friends?. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:472-7 pubmed..Less is known about the memory B cells that arise from the GC pool, as they seem to be distinctly 'programmed' on the basis of their antigen receptor affinity to enter the long-lived memory pool...
- Holmes M, Huntington N, Thong R, Brady J, Hayakawa Y, Andoniou C, et al. Peripheral natural killer cell maturation depends on the transcription factor Aiolos. EMBO J. 2014;33:2721-34 pubmed publisher..These data place Aiolos in the emerging gene regulatory network controlling NK-cell maturation and function. ..
- Willis S, Tellier J, Liao Y, Trezise S, Light A, O Donnell K, et al. Environmental sensing by mature B cells is controlled by the transcription factors PU.1 and SpiB. Nat Commun. 2017;8:1426 pubmed publisher..PU.1 and SpiB regulate the expression of many components of the B cell receptor signaling pathway and the receptors for CD40L, BAFF and TLR ligands. Thus, PU.1 and SpiB enable B cells to appropriately respond to environmental cues. ..