Affiliation: The Children's Hospital at Westmead
- Incidence of vitamin D deficiency rickets among Australian children: an Australian Paediatric Surveillance Unit studyCraig F Munns
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW
Med J Aust 196:466-8. 2012..To determine the incidence of and factors associated with vitamin D deficiency rickets in Australian children...
- The IFITM5 mutation c.-14C > T results in an elongated transcript expressed in human bone; and causes varying phenotypic severity of osteogenesis imperfecta type VSyndia Lazarus
The University of Queensland Diamantina Institute, Translational Research Institute, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 15:107. 2014..This mutation creates an alternative start codon and has been shown in a eukaryotic cell line to result in a longer variant of IFITM5, but its expression has not previously been demonstrated in bone from a patient with OI type V...
- Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis in chronically ill childrenC F Munns
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
J Musculoskelet Neuronal Interact 5:262-72. 2005..Determinants of bone health in children include level of mobility, exposure to osteotoxic medication, nutritional status, calcium and vitamin D intake, chronic inflammation and pubertal development...
- Prevention and treatment of infant and childhood vitamin D deficiency in Australia and New Zealand: a consensus statementCraig Munns
The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Med J Aust 185:268-72. 2006..High-dose bolus therapy (300,000-500,000 IU) should be considered for children over 12 months of age if compliance or absorption issues are suspected...
- Acute phase response and mineral status following low dose intravenous zoledronic acid in childrenCraig F Munns
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, and Department of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
Bone 41:366-70. 2007..Previous reports have shown a high frequency of hypocalcaemia and flu-like symptoms following an initial first zoledronic acid dose of 0.02-0.025 mg/kg in children...
- The differential diagnosis of children with joint hypermobility: a review of the literatureLouise J Tofts
The Connective Tissue Dysplasia Clinic, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Pediatr Rheumatol Online J 7:1. 2009....
- Childhood chronic recurrent multifocal osteomyelitis: pamidronate therapy decreases pain and improves vertebral shapeHelena Gleeson
Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, Children s Hospital at Westmead, Sydney, Australia
J Rheumatol 35:707-12. 2008..Symptomatic benefit with intravenous pamidronate (PAM) has been shown; however, few studies have demonstrated radiological benefit. We describe clinical and radiological data on 7 pediatric cases of CRMO treated with PAM...
- Prediction of appendicular skeletal and fat mass in children: excellent concordance of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry and magnetic resonance imagingPascale Bridge
The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab 22:795-804. 2009..Body composition studies in children have great potential to help understand the aetiology and evolution of acute and chronic. diseases...
- The natural history and osteodystrophy of mucolipidosis types II and IIIGrace David-Vizcarra
Department of Clinical Genetics, The Children s Hospital at Westmead, New South Wales, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 46:316-22. 2010..To assess the natural history and impact of the secondary bone disease observed in patients with mucolipidosis (ML) II and III...