Caroline L Miller
Affiliation: The Cancer Council South Australia
- Evaluation of smoke-free dining in South Australia: support and compliance among the community and restaurateursCaroline Miller
Tobacco Control Research and Evaluation Program, Anti Cancer Foundation of South Australia, Unley
Aust N Z J Public Health 26:38-44. 2002..Specifically, to determine changes in public support and support among the restaurant and cafe industry; to determine changes to self-reported experiences of dining out; and to assess compliance with the legislation...
- Smokers' recall of Australian graphic cigarette packet warnings & awareness of associated health effects, 2005-2008Caroline L Miller
Cancer Council SA, 202 Greenhill Rd, Eastwood, South Australia, Australia
BMC Public Health 11:238. 2011..This study also examines the varying impact of different warnings, to see whether warnings with visceral images have greater impact on smokers' beliefs than other images...
- Response of mass media, tobacco industry and smokers to the introduction of graphic cigarette pack warnings in AustraliaCaroline L Miller
Cancer Council South Australia, South Australia, Australia
Eur J Public Health 19:644-9. 2009..In the year 2006, Australia introduced graphic cigarette packet warnings. Previous warnings were text only. New warnings include one of 14 pictures, many depicting tobacco-related pathology...
- Impact on the Australian Quitline of new graphic cigarette pack warnings including the Quitline numberC L Miller
The Cancer Council South Australia, PO Box 929, UNLEY BC SA 5061, Australia
Tob Control 18:235-7. 2009..In March 2006, Australia introduced graphic pictorial warnings on cigarette packets. For the first time, packs include the Quitline number...
- Using a quitline plus low-cost nicotine replacement therapy to help disadvantaged smokers to quitC L Miller
The Cancer Council South Australia, PO Box 929, Unley, South Australia 5061, Australia
Tob Control 18:144-9. 2009..To trial an intervention in a real-life setting to motivate low-income smokers to try to quit. The intervention under trial was the addition of subsidised nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) to a standard population quitline service...
- Phased in smoke-free workplace laws: impact in grass-roots pubs and clubs in South AustraliaCaroline L Miller
Tobacco Control Research and Evaluation Program, The Cancer Council South Australia, South Australia, Australia
Health Promot J Austr 18:26-32. 2007..This study investigates grass-roots industry reactions after the first phase of implementation in South Australia and compares them with views of patrons who smoke...
- Phased-in smoke-free workplace laws: reported impact on bar patronage and smoking, particularly among young adults in South AustraliaCaroline L Miller
Tobacco Control Research and Evaluation Program, The Cancer Council South Australia, Unley
Aust N Z J Public Health 30:325-7. 2006..To measure the reported impact of phased-in smoke-free bar laws on bar patronage and smoking behaviour, particularly among young adults...
- Uptake and effectiveness of the Australian telephone Quitline service in the context of a mass media campaignC L Miller
Tobacco Control Research and Evaluation, The Cancer Council South Australia, Unley, Australia
Tob Control 12:ii53-8. 2003..An overview of the Australian national Quitline service is presented as well as two studies describing (a) the relationship between television advertising and call volume and type, and (b) the quit rates of callers over time...
- Smoking and mental illness: a population study in South AustraliaJacqueline A Bowden
Cancer Council South Australia, Adelaide, SA, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 45:325-31. 2011..To examine smoking prevalence and smoking behaviour among South Australians with a mental illness and compare findings to those with no mental illness...
- An integrated brief intervention to address smoking in pregnancyJacqueline A Bowden
Tobacco Control Research and Evaluation Program, Cancer Council South Australia, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 89:496-504. 2010..Evaluate the impact of an integrated brief intervention to assist antenatal staff in addressing smoking with pregnant women...
- People with mental illness can tackle tobaccoMaxie Ashton
Department of Health, Seaton, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 44:1021-8. 2010..To evaluate a smoking reduction and cessation intervention tailored for people with significant disability associated with mental illness...
- What happens when the price of a tobacco retailer licence increases?Jacqueline A Bowden
Research, Cancer Council SA, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Tob Control 23:178-80. 2014..To measure the impact of a 15-fold licence fee increase on tobacco retailer licence renewals...