Jennifer K Makin
Affiliation: The Cancer Council Victoria
- Implications of climate change for skin cancer prevention in AustraliaJen Makin
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, Cancer Council Victoria, Carlton
Health Promot J Austr 22:S39-41. 2011..Hence, rising temperatures can be expected to result in increases in sun exposure, sunburn and correspondingly, skin cancer risk...
- Population and age-group trends in weekend sun protection and sunburn over two decades of the SunSmart programme in Melbourne, AustraliaJ K Makin
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, Cancer Council Victoria, 1 Rathdowne Street, Carlton, VIC 3053, Australia
Br J Dermatol 168:154-61. 2013..In response to the high skin cancer burden in Australia, the multicomponent, community-wide SunSmart programme has worked since 1988 to reduce excessive sun exposure...
- Compliance with age and skin type restrictions following the introduction of indoor tanning legislation in Melbourne, AustraliaJennifer K Makin
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, Cancer Council Victoria, Carlton, Vic, Australia
Photodermatol Photoimmunol Photomed 27:286-93. 2011..The study aimed to establish compliance of indoor tanning businesses with 2009 legislation, particularly with requirements to provide information on skin cancer and exclude people under 18 or with fair skin...
- Implications of lessons learned from tobacco control for tanning bed reformCraig Sinclair
Cancer Council Victoria, Carlton, Victoria, Australia
Prev Chronic Dis 10:E28. 2013....
- Changes in solarium numbers in Australia following negative media and legislationJennifer K Makin
Centre for Behavioural Research in Cancer, Cancer Council Victoria, Carlton, Victoria
Aust N Z J Public Health 33:491-4. 2009..To monitor changes in the number of indoor tanning facilities in Australia's capital cities following widespread negative publicity and the introduction of legislation in some states...