Luciana G Macedo
Affiliation: The George Institute for International Health
- Graded activity and graded exposure for persistent nonspecific low back pain: a systematic reviewLuciana G Macedo
University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Rd, Camperdown, New South Wales 2050, Australia
Phys Ther 90:860-79. 2010..Background: Graded activity and graded exposure are increasingly being used in the management of persistent low back pain; however, their effectiveness remains poorly understood...
- Differences in range of motion between dominant and nondominant sides of upper and lower extremitiesLuciana Gazzi Macedo
The George Institute for International Health, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 31:577-82. 2008..The objective of this study was to compare ranges of motion (ROM) between dominant and nondominant sides for the joints of the upper and lower extremities...
- Motor control exercise for persistent, nonspecific low back pain: a systematic reviewLuciana G Macedo
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Rd, Camperdown, Sydney, New South Wales, 2050 Australia
Phys Ther 89:9-25. 2009..Previous systematic reviews have concluded that the effectiveness of motor control exercise for persistent low back pain has not been clearly established...
- There was evidence of convergent and construct validity of Physiotherapy Evidence Database quality scale for physiotherapy trialsLuciana Gazzi Macedo
Musculoskeletal Division, The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
J Clin Epidemiol 63:920-5. 2010..To evaluate the convergent and construct validity of the Physiotherapy Evidence Database (PEDro) scale used to rate the methodological quality of randomized trials in physiotherapy...
- Feasibility of using short message service to collect pain outcomes in a low back pain clinical trialLuciana G Macedo
Common Spinal Disorders Research Group, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:1151-5. 2012..Observational study nested within a randomized controlled trial...
- Motor control or graded activity exercises for chronic low back pain? A randomised controlled trialLuciana G Macedo
Musculoskeletal Division, The George Institute for International Health, 341 George St, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:65. 2008..At present however, there are no guidelines to help clinicians select the best treatment for a patient. As a result, time and money are wasted on treatments which ultimately fail to help the patient...
- Compliance with clinical guidelines for whiplash improved with a targeted implementation strategy: a prospective cohort studyTrudy Rebbeck
Discipline of Physiotherapy, Faculty of Health Science, The University of Sydney, PO Box 170, Sydney, Lidcombe NSW 1825, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 13:213. 2013..This study aimed to examine the effect of a targeted implementation strategy of the Australian whiplash guidelines on health professionals' knowledge, beliefs and practice and to identify predictors of improved knowledge...