Peter E Hickman
Affiliation: The Canberra Hospital
- Cardiac troponin may be released by ischemia alone, without necrosisPeter E Hickman
Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT 2605, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 411:318-23. 2010..Evidence from cardiac studies is presented supporting the presence of membranous blebs in cardiac myocytes, enabling troponin to be released from cardiac cells due to ischemia alone, without necrosis...
- Newer cardiac troponin I assays have similar performance to troponin T in patients with end-stage renal diseasePeter E Hickman
ANU Medical School, Canberra, Australia
Ann Clin Biochem 44:285-9. 2007..With several new formulations of troponin I assays available, this study was performed to see whether these newer assays were able to detect troponin I in these patients more effectively than the older assays...
- Plasma free metanephrines are superior to urine and plasma catecholamines and urine catecholamine metabolites for the investigation of phaeochromocytomaPeter E Hickman
Department of Chemical Pathology, Queensland Health Pathology Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD, Australia
Pathology 41:173-7. 2009....
- Prognostic efficacy of cardiac biomarkers for mortality in dialysis patientsP E Hickman
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Canberra Hospital and Department of Pathology, ANU Medical School, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Intern Med J 39:812-8. 2009....
- The distribution of cardiac troponin I in a population of healthy children: lessons for adultsGus Koerbin
University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 417:54-6. 2013..To describe the distribution of hs-cTnI in a large cohort of healthy children...
- Establishment of pediatric reference intervals on a large cohort of healthy childrenEmma K Southcott
ACT Pathology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 411:1421-7. 2010..There have been limited studies generating reference intervals from pediatric populations. We have studied a large cohort of healthy children on 3 separate occasions at 2yearly intervals...
- Characterisation of a highly sensitive troponin I assay and its application to a cardio-healthy populationGus Koerbin
ACT Pathology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:871-8. 2012..Abbott Diagnostics have developed a new highly sensitive troponin I (hs-TnI) assay. We have assessed its analytical characteristics and applied the assay to a population of apparently cardio-healthy persons...
- Effects of changes in adiposity and physical activity on preadolescent insulin resistance: the Australian LOOK longitudinal studyRichard D Telford
College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e47438. 2012..We aimed to determine whether these responses persisted as the children approached adolescence...
- Sensitivity of blood lipids to changes in adiposity, exercise, and diet in childrenRichard D Telford
1UC Research Institute for Sport and Exercise, Faculty of Health, University of Canberra, Bruce, ACT, AUSTRALIA 2Clinical Trials Unit, Canberra Hospital, Garran, ACT, AUSTRALIA 3Fenner School of Environment and Society, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, AUSTRALIA 4Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, AUSTRALIA 5Center for Research and Action in Public Health, Faculty of Health, University of Canberra, Bruce, ACT, AUSTRALIA and 6College of Medicine, Biology, and Environment, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 47:974-82. 2015..This study aims to determine whether blood lipids in healthy preadolescent children are sensitive to normally occurring changes in percent body fat, physical activity (PA), cardiorespiratory fitness (CRF), and macronutrient intake...
- Transient troponin elevations in the blood of healthy young childrenJulia M Potter
Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 413:702-6. 2012..We have examined a cohort of healthy children and measured TnT in their blood...
- Relationships between myocardial injury, all-cause mortality, vitamin D, PTH, and biochemical bone turnover markers in older patients with hip fracturesAlexander A Fisher
Department of Geriatric Medicine, The Canberra Hospital, Yamba Drive, Garran, ACT, Australia
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:222-32. 2007....
- Area-under-the-curve monitoring of prednisolone for dose optimization in a stable renal transplant populationJulia M Potter
Queensland Health Pathology Service, Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 26:408-14. 2004..Renal transplant recipients were noted to appear cushingoid while on low doses of steroid as part of a triple therapy immunosuppression of cyclosporin A (CsA), prednisolone, and azathioprine...
- Vitamin D status and its predictive factors in pregnancy in 2 Australian populationsSumathy Perampalam
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Canberra Hospital, Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:353-9. 2011..The effect of behavioural factors such as sun exposure, attire, sunscreen use and vitamin D supplementation on vitamin D levels in pregnancy is unknown...
- Contrasting longitudinal and cross-sectional relationships between insulin resistance and percentage of body fat, fitness, and physical activity in children-the LOOK studyRichard D Telford
Medical School, Australian National University and Commonwealth Institute, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 10:500-7. 2009..We aimed to determine (a) changes in the homeostatic model of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) over a 2-yr period and (b) comparisons of longitudinal and cross-sectional relationships between HOMA-IR and lifestyle-related risk factors...