Peter E Hickman
Affiliation: The Canberra Hospital
- Cardiac troponin may be released by ischemia alone, without necrosisPeter E Hickman
Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT 2605, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 411:318-23. 2010..Evidence from cardiac studies is presented supporting the presence of membranous blebs in cardiac myocytes, enabling troponin to be released from cardiac cells due to ischemia alone, without necrosis...
- Prognostic efficacy of cardiac biomarkers for mortality in dialysis patientsP E Hickman
Department of Chemical Pathology, The Canberra Hospital and Department of Pathology, ANU Medical School, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Intern Med J 39:812-8. 2009....
- Newer cardiac troponin I assays have similar performance to troponin T in patients with end-stage renal diseasePeter E Hickman
ANU Medical School, Canberra, Australia
Ann Clin Biochem 44:285-9. 2007..With several new formulations of troponin I assays available, this study was performed to see whether these newer assays were able to detect troponin I in these patients more effectively than the older assays...
- Plasma free metanephrines are superior to urine and plasma catecholamines and urine catecholamine metabolites for the investigation of phaeochromocytomaPeter E Hickman
Department of Chemical Pathology, Queensland Health Pathology Service, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD, Australia
Pathology 41:173-7. 2009....
- The distribution of cardiac troponin I in a population of healthy children: lessons for adultsGus Koerbin
University of Canberra, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 417:54-6. 2013..To describe the distribution of hs-cTnI in a large cohort of healthy children...
- Establishment of pediatric reference intervals on a large cohort of healthy childrenEmma K Southcott
ACT Pathology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 411:1421-7. 2010..There have been limited studies generating reference intervals from pediatric populations. We have studied a large cohort of healthy children on 3 separate occasions at 2yearly intervals...
- Effects of changes in adiposity and physical activity on preadolescent insulin resistance: the Australian LOOK longitudinal studyRichard D Telford
College of Medicine, Biology and Environment, Australian National University, Canberra, Australia
PLoS ONE 7:e47438. 2012..We aimed to determine whether these responses persisted as the children approached adolescence...
- Transient troponin elevations in the blood of healthy young childrenJulia M Potter
Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
Clin Chim Acta 413:702-6. 2012..We have examined a cohort of healthy children and measured TnT in their blood...
- Relationships between myocardial injury, all-cause mortality, vitamin D, PTH, and biochemical bone turnover markers in older patients with hip fracturesAlexander A Fisher
Department of Geriatric Medicine, The Canberra Hospital, Yamba Drive, Garran, ACT, Australia
Ann Clin Lab Sci 37:222-32. 2007....
- Area-under-the-curve monitoring of prednisolone for dose optimization in a stable renal transplant populationJulia M Potter
Queensland Health Pathology Service, Prince Charles Hospital, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Ther Drug Monit 26:408-14. 2004..Renal transplant recipients were noted to appear cushingoid while on low doses of steroid as part of a triple therapy immunosuppression of cyclosporin A (CsA), prednisolone, and azathioprine...
- Characterisation of a highly sensitive troponin I assay and its application to a cardio-healthy populationGus Koerbin
ACT Pathology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Clin Chem Lab Med 50:871-8. 2012..Abbott Diagnostics have developed a new highly sensitive troponin I (hs-TnI) assay. We have assessed its analytical characteristics and applied the assay to a population of apparently cardio-healthy persons...
- Contrasting longitudinal and cross-sectional relationships between insulin resistance and percentage of body fat, fitness, and physical activity in children-the LOOK studyRichard D Telford
Medical School, Australian National University and Commonwealth Institute, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Pediatr Diabetes 10:500-7. 2009..We aimed to determine (a) changes in the homeostatic model of insulin resistance (HOMA-IR) over a 2-yr period and (b) comparisons of longitudinal and cross-sectional relationships between HOMA-IR and lifestyle-related risk factors...
- Vitamin D status and its predictive factors in pregnancy in 2 Australian populationsSumathy Perampalam
Department of Endocrinology and Diabetes, The Canberra Hospital, Australian National University Medical School, Canberra, ACT, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 51:353-9. 2011..The effect of behavioural factors such as sun exposure, attire, sunscreen use and vitamin D supplementation on vitamin D levels in pregnancy is unknown...