Amanda M Hall
Affiliation: The George Institute for International Health
- A randomized controlled trial of tai chi for long-term low back pain (TAI CHI): study rationale, design, and methodsAmanda M Hall
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, Australia
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:55. 2009..Thus the aim of this study will be to examine the effects of a tai chi exercise program on pain and disability in people with long-term low back pain...
- Measurement tools for adherence to non-pharmacologic self-management treatment for chronic musculoskeletal conditions: a systematic reviewAmanda M Hall
School of Public Health, Physiotherapy and Population Science, University College Dublin, Dublin, Ireland Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 96:552-62. 2015..To identify measures of adherence to nonpharmacologic self-management treatments for chronic musculoskeletal (MSK) populations; and to report on the measurement properties of identified measures...
- The effectiveness of Tai Chi for chronic musculoskeletal pain conditions: a systematic review and meta-analysisAmanda Hall
The George Institute for International Health, The University of Sydney, Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Arthritis Rheum 61:717-24. 2009..To determine whether Tai Chi improves pain, disability, physical performance, and/or health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in people with chronic musculoskeletal pain...
- The influence of the therapist-patient relationship on treatment outcome in physical rehabilitation: a systematic reviewAmanda M Hall
The George Institute for International Health, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sydney, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, Sydney, New South Wales, 2050 Australia
Phys Ther 90:1099-110. 2010..The working alliance, or collaborative bond, between client and psychotherapist has been found to be related to outcome in psychotherapy...
- The patient-specific functional scale is more responsive than the Roland Morris disability questionnaire when activity limitation is lowAmanda M Hall
The George Institute for International Health, Faculty of Medicine, The University of Sydney, 341 George St, Missenden Road, Sydney, NSW 2050, Australia
Eur Spine J 20:79-86. 2011..The PSFS is more responsive than the RMDQ for patients with low levels of activity limitation but not for patients with high levels of activity limitation...
- Symptoms of depression and stress mediate the effect of pain on disabilityAmanda M Hall
The George Institute for Global Health, PO Box M201, Missenden Road, NSW 2050, Australia
Pain 152:1044-51. 2011..These findings provide an opportunity to decrease the risk of long-term disability through early identification and management of depressive and stress symptoms...
- Tai chi exercise for treatment of pain and disability in people with persistent low back pain: a randomized controlled trialAmanda M Hall
The George Institute for Global Health and University of Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken) 63:1576-83. 2011..To determine the effect of tai chi exercise on persistent low back pain...