Affiliation: The Canberra Hospital
- Routine use of ancillary investigations in staging diffuse large B-cell lymphoma improves the International Prognostic Index (IPI)Dipti Talaulikar
Department of Haematology, The Canberra Hospital, Yamba Drive, Garran, Canberra, ACT, 2605, Australia
J Hematol Oncol 2:49. 2009..This study aimed to determine the effect of the routine use of flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and molecular studies in bone marrow staging upon the IPI...
- Nodular fasciitis of the breast simulating breast cancer on imagingJ Dahlstrom
Department of Anatomical Pathology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australia
Australas Radiol 45:67-70. 2001..Pathological assessment of the lesion is essential in making the diagnosis...
- Perinatal and paediatric pathology special theme issue. ForewordJane E Dahlstrom
Department of Anatomical Pathology, The Australian National University Medical School, Australia
Pathology 40:103. 2008
- What motivates senior clinicians to teach medical students?Jane Dahlstrom
Medical School, Building 42A, ANU, Canberra, ACT 0200, Australia
BMC Med Educ 5:27. 2005..This study was designed to assess the motivations of senior medical clinicians to teach medical students. This understanding could improve the recruitment and retention of important clinical teachers...
- Spitz naevus: diagnostic problems and their management implicationsJane E Dahlstrom
Department of Anatomical Pathology, ACT Pathology, The Canberra Hospital, Garran, ACT, Australia
Pathology 36:452-7. 2004..In this article, we highlight the histopathological features of Spitz naevi and those that may be useful in distinguishing Spitz naevi from melanomas. A suggested practical guide to clinical management of such lesions is provided...
- Distinctive microvillous brush border staining with HBME-1 distinguishes pleural mesotheliomas from pulmonary adenocarcinomasJ E Dahlstrom
Department of Anatomical Pathology, ACT Pathology and Canberra Clinical School, University of Sydney, Canberra Hospital, Australia
Pathology 33:287-91. 2001..The difference in the ultrastructural distribution of immunogold labelling with HBME-1 between mesotheliomas and adenocarcinomas underscores the light microscopy findings...
- Histological correlation of mammographically detected microcalcifications in stereotactic core biopsiesJ E Dahlstrom
Department of Anatomical Pathology, University of Sydney, Canberra Hospital, Australia
Pathology 33:444-8. 2001..Nevertheless, lesions with "highly suspicious" calcifications on mammography should be considered for excision even if the core biopsy diagnosis is benign and calcifications > 100 microm are present...
- Tumor size and survival in multicentric and multifocal breast cancerAngela Rezo
Radiation Oncology Department, The Canberra Hospital, Yamba Drive, Garran, ACT 2605, Australia
Breast 20:259-63. 2011..This study examines other measures of tumor size in MMBC to determine which provides the best fit in a multivariate model for survival outcomes...
- Placental cultures in the era of peripartum antibiotic useKavita Bhola
Department of Neonatology, The Canberra Hospital, Woden, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 48:179-84. 2008..Positive placental cultures may also provide the clinician with valuable information on which to base therapy...
- Occult bone marrow involvement in patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: results of a pilot studyDipti Talaulikar
Department of Haematology, The Canberra Hospital, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Pathology 39:580-5. 2007..The aim of this pilot study was to estimate the incidence of occult marrow involvement using flow cytometry, immunohistochemistry and immunoglobulin heavy chain (IgH) gene rearrangements, and to determine the impact on survival...
- Renal glomeruli and tubular injury following indomethacin, ibuprofen, and gentamicin exposure in a neonatal rat modelAlison L Kent
Department of Neonatology, The Canberra Hospital, Woden, Australian Capital Territory 2606, Australia
Pediatr Res 62:307-12. 2007..Indomethacin, ibuprofen, and gentamicin cause significant change in glomerular and tubular structure in the neonatal rat model...
- Placental assessment: simple techniques to enhance best practiceAlison L Kent
Department of Neonatology, The Canberra Hospital, Australian National University Medical School, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 46:32-7. 2006..The placenta provides a 'diary' of the pregnancy. The information provided from pathological assessment of the placenta may provide important clinical information for both the mother and the neonate...
- Antenatal steroids may reduce adverse neurological outcome following chorioamnionitis: neurodevelopmental outcome and chorioamnionitis in premature infantsAlison Kent
Department of Neonatology, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
J Paediatr Child Health 41:186-90. 2005....
- Ultrastructural changes in hepatic sinusoidal endothelial cells acutely exposed to colloidal ironMark L Bassett
Gastroenterology Unit, The Canberra Hospital, Canberra, Australia
Exp Toxicol Pathol 55:11-6. 2003..These observations suggest a possible mechanism for defenestration of sinusoidal endothelial cells in ageing and in disease states...
- Surgical management of invasive breast cancer: a 5-year prospective study of treatment in the Australian Capital Territory and South-Eastern New South WalesAnil Koshy
Department of Surgery, Calvary Hospital, Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
ANZ J Surg 75:757-61. 2005....
- The clinical significance of cytokeratin-positive cells in lymph nodes at the time of mastectomy from patients with ductal carcinoma-in-situRohit Tamhane
The Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia
Ann Surg Oncol 9:999-1003. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Epithelial cells may be present in the lymph nodes draining a site of recent breast biopsy in the absence of invasive carcinoma, indicating that these are an artifact of recent surgery and not of micrometastatic disease...
- Age-related pseudocapillarization of the human liverAllan J McLean
National Ageing Research Institute and the Department of Medicine, University of Melbourne and The Royal Melbourne Hospital, Parkville, Australia
J Pathol 200:112-7. 2003....
- Renal tubular dysgenesis and neonatal hemochromatosis without pulmonary hypoplasiaScott Morris
Department of Neonatology, Canberra Clinical School, University of Sydney, The Canberra Hospital, ACT, Australia
Pediatr Nephrol 19:341-4. 2004..Antemortem diagnosis by renal biopsy in our case enabled parental counseling and avoided the inappropriate use of peritoneal dialysis...