Ross L Tellam
- An Always Correlated gene expression landscape for ovine skeletal muscle, lessons learnt from comparison with an "equivalent" bovine landscapeWei Sun
Animal Science and Technology College, Yangzhou University, Yangzhou 225009, China
BMC Res Notes 5:632. 2012..Does this approach facilitate interspecies comparison of networks?..
- A physical map of the bovine genomeWarren M Snelling
USDA, ARS, US Meat Animal Research Center, Clay Center, NE 68933, USA
Genome Biol 8:R165. 2007..The BAC libraries and clone maps are essential for the hybrid clone-by-clone/whole-genome shotgun sequencing approach taken by the bovine genome sequencing project...
- The bovine lactation genome: insights into the evolution of mammalian milkDanielle G Lemay
Department of Food Science and Technology, University of California Davis, One Shields Avenue, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Genome Biol 10:R43. 2009..The newly assembled Bos taurus genome sequence enables the linkage of bovine milk and lactation data with other mammalian genomes...
- Identification of immune genes and proteins involved in the response of bovine mammary tissue to Staphylococcus aureus infectionYlva C Strandberg Lutzow
Co operative Research Centre for Innovative Dairy Products, Australia
BMC Vet Res 4:18. 2008..Moreover, the effect of infection on the presence of bioactive innate immune proteins in milk is also unclear. The nature of these responses may determine the susceptibility of the tissue and its ability to resolve the infection...
- Construction and validation of a Bovine Innate Immune MicroarrayLaurelea Donaldson
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
BMC Genomics 6:135. 2005..This knowledge may allow the development of strategies that exploit these genes to enhance resistance to disease in an individual or animal population...
- Genetic architecture of gene expression in ovine skeletal muscleLisette J A Kogelman
CSIRO Livestock Industries, ATSIP, PMB CSIRO Aitkenvale, Townsville, QLD 4814, Australia
BMC Genomics 12:607. 2011..By integrating sire-based genetic merit information for a muscling trait with progeny-based gene expression data we directly tested the hypothesis that there is genetic structure in the gene expression program in ovine skeletal muscle...
- Unlocking the bovine genomeRoss L Tellam
CSIRO Livestock Industries, St Lucia, QLD, Australia
BMC Genomics 10:193. 2009....
- Identification of an immuno-protective mucin-like protein, peritrophin-55, from the peritrophic matrix of Lucilia cuprina larvaeR L Tellam
CSIRO Molecular Animal Genetics Center, CSIRO Livestock Industries, 3rd Floor Gehrmann Laboratories, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, 4067, Queensland, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:239-52. 2003....
- The imprinted retrotransposon-like gene PEG11 (RTL1) is expressed as a full-length protein in skeletal muscle from Callipyge sheepKeren Byrne
CSIRO Livestock Industries, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
PLoS ONE 5:e8638. 2010....
- A gene network switch enhances the oxidative capacity of ovine skeletal muscle during late fetal developmentKeren Byrne
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Rd, St Lucia, 4067 Queensland, Australia
BMC Genomics 11:378. 2010..We tested the hypothesis that this developmental transition is associated with large coordinated changes in the transcription of skeletal muscle genes...
- Growth of Lucilia cuprina larvae following treatment of sheep divergently selected for fleece rot and fly strike with monoclonal antibodies to T lymphocyte subsets and interferon gammaI G Colditz
CSIRO Division of Animal Production, Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, NSW 2350, Australia
Int J Parasitol 26:775-82. 1996..It seems unlikely that T lymphocyte-dependent immunological effector mechanisms contribute to the lower prevalence of fly strike seen in the resistant genotype in the field...
- Peritrophic matrix proteinsR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Queensland, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 29:87-101. 1999..The review concludes with speculation about the biological functions of the proteins in this matrix...
- Inhibition of growth of Lucilia cuprina larvae using serum from sheep vaccinated with first-instar larval antigensR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, QLD, Australia
Int J Parasitol 28:439-50. 1998..The sera from sheep vaccinated with another isoelectric focussing fraction (pH 3.4-5.5) reduced the mean larval weight by 56 +/- 13% without significant effects on larval survival...
- Control of blowfly strike in sheep: current strategies and future prospectsR L Tellam
CSIRO Division of Tropical Animal Production, Indooroopilly, QLD, Australia
Int J Parasitol 27:261-73. 1997..Many of the latter involve novel approaches which will strongly complement current control measures...
- Adipogenesis in mouse 3T3L1 cells: the effects of Rtl1 over-expressionL A Leeton
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, 4067 QLD, Australia
Funct Integr Genomics 7:257-61. 2007..It is concluded that these two genes are neither directly nor indirectly functionally related...
- The intrinsic peritrophic matrix protein peritrophin-95 from larvae of Lucilia cuprina is synthesised in the cardia and regurgitated or excreted as a highly immunogenic proteinR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Long Pocket Laboratories, Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 30:9-17. 2000....
- Identification and molecular characterisation of a peritrophin gene, peritrophin-48, from the myiasis fly Chrysomya bezzianaT Vuocolo
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories, University of Queensland, QLD 4072, St Lucia, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:919-32. 2001..It is concluded that considerable sequence variation can be tolerated in this protein because of the constraints imposed on the structure of the protein by an extensive disulphide bonded framework...
- Chitin is only a minor component of the peritrophic matrix from larvae of Lucilia cuprinaR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Private Mail Bag 3, 4068 Queensland, Indooroopilly, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 30:1189-201. 2000..RT-PCR did not detect a chitin synthase mRNA in cardia, the tissue from which PM originates. It is concluded that chitin is a minor structural component of the type 2 peritrophic matrix of this insect...
- Role of oligosaccharides in the immune response of sheep vaccinated with Lucilia cuprina larval glycoprotein, peritrophin-95R L Tellam
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Gehrmann Laboratories, Research Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
Int J Parasitol 31:798-809. 2001..It was concluded that the oligosaccharides attached to native peritrophin-95 and its unique polypeptide structure are essential for the induction of larval growth inhibitory activity in the sera of sheep vaccinated with this antigen...
- Production of antibodies to recombinant antigens from Lucilia cuprina following cutaneous immunisation of sheepI G Colditz
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, Australia
Vet Parasitol 104:345-50. 2002..It was concluded that cutaneous immunisation may assist immunological control of blowfly larvae...
- Reduced oviposition of Boophilus microplus feeding on sheep vaccinated with vitellinR L Tellam
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, Gehrmann Research laboratories, Research Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
Vet Parasitol 103:141-56. 2002..microplus. However, critical protective epitopes are associated with the folding of the protein and/or the oligosaccharides attached to it...
- MicroRNA-26a targets the histone methyltransferase Enhancer of Zeste homolog 2 during myogenesisChung Fai Wong
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
J Biol Chem 283:9836-43. 2008..These results reveal a model of regulation during myogenesis whereby the up-regulation of miR-26a acts to post-transcriptionally repress Ezh2, a known suppressor of skeletal muscle cell differentiation...
- Bovine Muc1 is a highly polymorphic gene encoding an extensively glycosylated mucin that binds bacteriaL Sando
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
J Dairy Sci 92:5276-91. 2009....
- Identification of a gene network contributing to hypertrophy in callipyge skeletal muscleTony Vuocolo
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Physiol Genomics 28:253-72. 2007..A model is proposed describing a core network of genes and histone epigenetic modifications that is likely to underpin the fiber type changes and muscle hypertrophy characteristic of callipyge sheep...
- Secretion of the type 2 peritrophic matrix protein, peritrophin-15, from the cardiaC Eisemann
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Gehrmann Laboratories, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 47:76-85. 2001..It is proposed that peritrophin-15 binds to the ends of chitin fibrils present in the nascent peritrophic matrix, thereby protecting the fibril from the action of exochitinases...
- Bovine proteins containing poly-glutamine repeats are often polymorphic and enriched for components of transcriptional regulatory complexesVicki Whan
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Rd, St Lucia, Queensland 4067, Australia
BMC Genomics 11:654. 2010..At present, poly-Q encoding genes in non-human mammalian species are poorly documented, as are their functions and propensities for polymorphic variation...
- Differential expression of Dlk-1 in bovine adipose tissue depotsT Vuocolo
CSIRO Molecular Animal Genetics Center and Beef Quality Cooperative Research Centre, CSIRO Livestock Industries, 3rd Floor Gehrmann Laboratories, The University of Queensland, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 134:315-33. 2003..In contrast the Dlk-1-C2 splice variant codes for a protein lacking this processing site and therefore it probably remains bound to the cell membrane...
- Insect chitin synthase cDNA sequence, gene organization and expressionR L Tellam
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Eur J Biochem 267:6025-43. 2000..Bioinformatics has been used to deduce the gene sequence and organization of the highly homologous Drosophila melanogaster orthologue of LcCS-1, DmCS-1...
- Analysis of gene expression during the onset of muscle hypertrophy in callipyge lambsJ N Fleming-Waddell
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2042, USA
Anim Genet 38:28-36. 2007..Nine genes had significantly elevated transcript levels in callipyge lambs. These genes included phosphofructokinase, a putative methyltransferase protein, a cAMP phosphodiesterase, and the transcription factor DNTTIP1...
- Effect of food deprivation on blood concentration of metabolic hormones in Merino rams: the role of leptinP Celi
University of Basilicata, Department of Animal Production Science, Potenza, Italia
Vet Res Commun 27:219-20. 2003