R L Tellam
- Inhibition of growth of Lucilia cuprina larvae using serum from sheep vaccinated with first-instar larval antigensR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, QLD, Australia
Int J Parasitol 28:439-50. 1998..The sera from sheep vaccinated with another isoelectric focussing fraction (pH 3.4-5.5) reduced the mean larval weight by 56 +/- 13% without significant effects on larval survival...
- Peritrophic matrix proteinsR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Queensland, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 29:87-101. 1999..The review concludes with speculation about the biological functions of the proteins in this matrix...
- The intrinsic peritrophic matrix protein peritrophin-95 from larvae of Lucilia cuprina is synthesised in the cardia and regurgitated or excreted as a highly immunogenic proteinR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Long Pocket Laboratories, Indooroopilly, Queensland, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 30:9-17. 2000....
- Chitin is only a minor component of the peritrophic matrix from larvae of Lucilia cuprinaR L Tellam
CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, Private Mail Bag 3, 4068 Queensland, Indooroopilly, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 30:1189-201. 2000..RT-PCR did not detect a chitin synthase mRNA in cardia, the tissue from which PM originates. It is concluded that chitin is a minor structural component of the type 2 peritrophic matrix of this insect...
- Role of oligosaccharides in the immune response of sheep vaccinated with Lucilia cuprina larval glycoprotein, peritrophin-95R L Tellam
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Gehrmann Laboratories, Research Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
Int J Parasitol 31:798-809. 2001..It was concluded that the oligosaccharides attached to native peritrophin-95 and its unique polypeptide structure are essential for the induction of larval growth inhibitory activity in the sera of sheep vaccinated with this antigen...
- Identification and molecular characterisation of a peritrophin gene, peritrophin-48, from the myiasis fly Chrysomya bezzianaT Vuocolo
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, Level 3, Gehrmann Laboratories, University of Queensland, QLD 4072, St Lucia, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 31:919-32. 2001..It is concluded that considerable sequence variation can be tolerated in this protein because of the constraints imposed on the structure of the protein by an extensive disulphide bonded framework...
- Identification of an immuno-protective mucin-like protein, peritrophin-55, from the peritrophic matrix of Lucilia cuprina larvaeR L Tellam
CSIRO Molecular Animal Genetics Center, CSIRO Livestock Industries, 3rd Floor Gehrmann Laboratories, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, 4067, Queensland, Australia
Insect Biochem Mol Biol 33:239-52. 2003....
- Production of antibodies to recombinant antigens from Lucilia cuprina following cutaneous immunisation of sheepI G Colditz
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Pastoral Research Laboratory, Armidale, Australia
Vet Parasitol 104:345-50. 2002..It was concluded that cutaneous immunisation may assist immunological control of blowfly larvae...
- Control of blowfly strike in sheep: current strategies and future prospectsR L Tellam
CSIRO Division of Tropical Animal Production, Indooroopilly, QLD, Australia
Int J Parasitol 27:261-73. 1997..Many of the latter involve novel approaches which will strongly complement current control measures...
- Insect chitin synthase cDNA sequence, gene organization and expressionR L Tellam
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, CSIRO Tropical Agriculture, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia
Eur J Biochem 267:6025-43. 2000..Bioinformatics has been used to deduce the gene sequence and organization of the highly homologous Drosophila melanogaster orthologue of LcCS-1, DmCS-1...
- Secretion of the type 2 peritrophic matrix protein, peritrophin-15, from the cardiaC Eisemann
Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, CSIRO Livestock Industries, Gehrmann Laboratories, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Arch Insect Biochem Physiol 47:76-85. 2001..It is proposed that peritrophin-15 binds to the ends of chitin fibrils present in the nascent peritrophic matrix, thereby protecting the fibril from the action of exochitinases...
- Bovine Muc1 is a highly polymorphic gene encoding an extensively glycosylated mucin that binds bacteriaL Sando
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, St Lucia, QLD 4067, Australia
J Dairy Sci 92:5276-91. 2009....
- Reduced oviposition of Boophilus microplus feeding on sheep vaccinated with vitellinR L Tellam
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Molecular Animal Genetics Centre, Gehrmann Research laboratories, Research Road, The University of Queensland, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
Vet Parasitol 103:141-56. 2002..microplus. However, critical protective epitopes are associated with the folding of the protein and/or the oligosaccharides attached to it...
- Differential expression of Dlk-1 in bovine adipose tissue depotsT Vuocolo
CSIRO Molecular Animal Genetics Center and Beef Quality Cooperative Research Centre, CSIRO Livestock Industries, 3rd Floor Gehrmann Laboratories, The University of Queensland, St Lucia 4067, QLD, Australia
Comp Biochem Physiol B Biochem Mol Biol 134:315-33. 2003..In contrast the Dlk-1-C2 splice variant codes for a protein lacking this processing site and therefore it probably remains bound to the cell membrane...
- Adipogenesis in mouse 3T3L1 cells: the effects of Rtl1 over-expressionL A Leeton
CSIRO Livestock Industries, Queensland Bioscience Precinct, 306 Carmody Road, St Lucia, 4067 QLD, Australia
Funct Integr Genomics 7:257-61. 2007..It is concluded that these two genes are neither directly nor indirectly functionally related...
- Effect of food deprivation on blood concentration of metabolic hormones in Merino rams: the role of leptinP Celi
University of Basilicata, Department of Animal Production Science, Potenza, Italia
Vet Res Commun 27:219-20. 2003
- Analysis of gene expression during the onset of muscle hypertrophy in callipyge lambsJ N Fleming-Waddell
Department of Animal Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN 47907 2042, USA
Anim Genet 38:28-36. 2007..Nine genes had significantly elevated transcript levels in callipyge lambs. These genes included phosphofructokinase, a putative methyltransferase protein, a cAMP phosphodiesterase, and the transcription factor DNTTIP1...