David W Austin
Affiliation: Swinburne University of Technology
- An investigation of porphyrinuria in Australian children with autismDavid W Austin
Swinburne Autism Bio Research Initiative SABRI, Faculty of Life and Social Sciences, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
J Toxicol Environ Health A 71:1349-51. 2008..Three independent studies from three continents have now demonstrated that porphyrinuria is concomitant with ASD, and that Hg may be a likely xenobiotic to produce porphyrin profiles of this nature...
- Mercury in vaccines from the Australian childhood immunization program scheduleDavid W Austin
Faculty of Life and Social Sciences, Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia
J Toxicol Environ Health A 73:637-40. 2010....
- Autistic disorder and phospholipids: A reviewChristine M Brown
Swinburne Autism Bio Research Initiative, Faculty of Life and Social Sciences, Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, Victoria 3122, Australia
Prostaglandins Leukot Essent Fatty Acids 84:25-30. 2011....
- Molecular characterisation of gastrointestinal microbiota of children with autism (with and without gastrointestinal dysfunction) and their neurotypical siblingsShakuntla V Gondalia
Swinburne Autism Bio Research Initiative SABRI, Faculty of Life and Social Sciences, Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia
Autism Res 5:419-27. 2012..Other explanations for the gastrointestinal dysfunction in this population should be considered including elevated anxiety and self-restricted diets...
- Ancestry of pink disease (infantile acrodynia) identified as a risk factor for autism spectrum disordersKerrie Shandley
Swinburne Autism Bio Research Initiative SABRI, Brain and Psychological Sciences Research Centre, Swinburne University of Technology, Hawthorn, Victoria, Australia
J Toxicol Environ Health A 74:1185-94. 2011..The results support the hypothesis that Hg sensitivity may be a heritable/genetic risk factor for ASD...
- Somatic symptoms, hypochondriasis and psychological distress: a study of somatisation in Australian general practiceDavid M Clarke
Monash University, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 189:560-4. 2008..To measure the prevalence of somatisation (multiple somatic symptoms and hypochondriasis) among Australian general practice attendees, its recognition by general practitioners, and its relationship with symptoms of depression and anxiety...
- Efficacy of internet therapy for panic disorderBritt Klein
University of Ballarat, Ballarat, Australia
J Behav Ther Exp Psychiatry 37:213-38. 2006..At follow-up, these effects were maintained for both CBT groups, with internet CBT better at improving physical health ratings and reducing GP visits. This study provides support for the efficacy of internet-based CBT...