Ian S Brown
Affiliation: Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
- Foveolar type dysplasia in Barrett esophagusIan S Brown
Department of Histopathology, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology and Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia
Mod Pathol 23:834-43. 2010..In conclusion, our study provides evidence for a non intestinal pathway to neoplastic development in Barrett esophagus, that is, gastric metaplasia-foveolar dysplasia-adenocarcinoma...
- Intraepithelial lymphocytosis in architecturally preserved proximal small intestinal mucosa: an increasing diagnostic problem with a wide differential diagnosisIan Brown
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Taringa, Queensland, Australia
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1020-5. 2006..A wide variety of immunologic stimuli can raise intraepithelial lymphocyte numbers. Among the other common associations are enteric infection, autoimmune disease, drugs, and gastric Helicobacter infection...
- Tropical sprue: revisiting an underrecognized diseaseIan S Brown
Envoi Specialist Pathologists Anatomical Pathology, Pathology Queensland, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital The Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory Cancer and Population Studies Group, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Bancroft Centre School of Medicine, University of Queensland, Herston Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Taringa, QLD, Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 38:666-72. 2014..With the expansion of tourism and increasing employment opportunities in tropical regions, pathologists in the West are increasingly likely to encounter cases of tropical sprue and should be aware of this diagnosis. ..
- The challenging diagnosis of Cronkhite-Canada syndrome in the upper gastrointestinal tract: a series of 7 cases with clinical follow-upMark Bettington
Envoi Specialist Pathologists The Conjoint Gastroenterology Laboratory Cancer and Population Studies Group, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Bancroft Centre School of Medicine, University of Queensland Anatomical Pathology, Pathology Queensland, Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital, Herston Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Taringa, QLD Department of Anatomical Pathology, PathWest, QE II Medical Centre School of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Western Australia, Nedlands, WA, Australia
Am J Surg Pathol 38:215-23. 2014....
- Atypical prostatic glandular proliferations on needle biopsy: Diagnostic implications, use of immunohistochemistry, and clinical significanceHemamali Samaratunga
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 28:104-10. 2006..Patients with atypical glands on prostate needle biopsy have a high risk for harboring cancer and therefore have an increased risk for having cancer detected in subsequent biopsies...
- EMR for Barrett's esophagus-related superficial neoplasms offers better diagnostic reproducibility than mucosal biopsyMari Mino-Kenudson
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 66:660-6; quiz 767, 769. 2007..It also allows for better pathologic grading compared with mucosal biopsy specimens. However, the interobserver variation in the interpretation of EMR specimens has not been tested...
- Test and teach. 53. Diagnosis: An interesting retroperitoneal massKelly McClymont
Queensland Health Pathology Service, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia
Pathology 39:164-7. 2007
- Aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and the risks of cancers of the esophagusShahram Sadeghi
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1169-78. 2008....