Ian S Brown
Affiliation: Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology
- Foveolar type dysplasia in Barrett esophagusIan S Brown
Department of Histopathology, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology and Royal Brisbane and Women s Hospital Brisbane, Brisbane, Australia
Mod Pathol 23:834-43. 2010..In conclusion, our study provides evidence for a non intestinal pathway to neoplastic development in Barrett esophagus, that is, gastric metaplasia-foveolar dysplasia-adenocarcinoma...
- Intraepithelial lymphocytosis in architecturally preserved proximal small intestinal mucosa: an increasing diagnostic problem with a wide differential diagnosisIan Brown
Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Taringa, Queensland, Australia
Arch Pathol Lab Med 130:1020-5. 2006..A wide variety of immunologic stimuli can raise intraepithelial lymphocyte numbers. Among the other common associations are enteric infection, autoimmune disease, drugs, and gastric Helicobacter infection...
- Atypical prostatic glandular proliferations on needle biopsy: Diagnostic implications, use of immunohistochemistry, and clinical significanceHemamali Samaratunga
Department of Anatomical Pathology, Sullivan Nicolaides Pathology, Royal Brisbane Hospital, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Anal Quant Cytol Histol 28:104-10. 2006..Patients with atypical glands on prostate needle biopsy have a high risk for harboring cancer and therefore have an increased risk for having cancer detected in subsequent biopsies...
- EMR for Barrett's esophagus-related superficial neoplasms offers better diagnostic reproducibility than mucosal biopsyMari Mino-Kenudson
Department of Pathology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Gastrointest Endosc 66:660-6; quiz 767, 769. 2007..It also allows for better pathologic grading compared with mucosal biopsy specimens. However, the interobserver variation in the interpretation of EMR specimens has not been tested...
- Test and teach. 53. Diagnosis: An interesting retroperitoneal massKelly McClymont
Queensland Health Pathology Service, Royal Brisbane Hospital, Australia
Pathology 39:164-7. 2007
- Aspirin, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and the risks of cancers of the esophagusShahram Sadeghi
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4029, Australia
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1169-78. 2008....