- Correlates of prolonged television viewing time in older Japanese men and womenHiroyuki Kikuchi
Department of Preventive Medicine and Public Health, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
BMC Public Health 13:213. 2013..The aim of this study is to examine the socio-demographic attributes associated with TV time among community-dwelling Japanese older men and women...
- Initiating and maintaining recreational walking: a longitudinal study on the influence of neighborhood green spaceTakemi Sugiyama
Behavioural Epidemiology, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Prev Med 57:178-82. 2013..This study examined prospective relationships of green space attributes with adults initiating or maintaining recreational walking...
- Commuting by car: weight gain among physically active adultsTakemi Sugiyama
Behavioural Epidemiology Department, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Prev Med 44:169-73. 2013..Prolonged sitting, including time spent sitting in cars, is detrimentally associated with health outcomes...
- Prolonged sitting in cars: prevalence, socio-demographic variations, and trendsTakemi Sugiyama
Behavioural Epidemiology, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, 99 Commercial Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004, Australia
Prev Med 55:315-8. 2012..This study examined the population prevalence, socio-demographic variations, and trends for prolonged sitting in cars among adults...
- Joint associations of physical activity and screen time with overweight among japanese adultsYung Liao
Graduate School of Sport Sciences, Waseda University, Nakamura Laboratory 2 579 15 Mikajima Tokorozawa, Saitama 359 1192, Japan
Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8:131. 2011..This study examined joint associations of PA and ST with overweight among Japanese adults...
- Destination and route attributes associated with adults' walking: a reviewTakemi Sugiyama
Behavioural Epidemiology Laboratory, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med Sci Sports Exerc 44:1275-86. 2012..To this end, evidence relevant to the urban planning and transport sectors is required. This review synthesized findings on destination and route attributes associated with utilitarian and recreational walking...
- Adults' sedentary behavior determinants and interventionsNeville Owen
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia
Am J Prev Med 41:189-96. 2011..It would be informative for the field to have evidence on the outcomes of "natural experiments," such as the introduction of nonseated working options in occupational environments or new transportation infrastructure in communities...
- Perceived neighbourhood environmental attributes associated with adults׳ recreational walking: IPEN Adult study in 12 countriesTakemi Sugiyama
Spatial Epidemiology and Evaluation Research Group, School of Population Health, University of South Australia, Adelaide, SA 5001, Australia Behavioural Epidemiology, Laboratory, Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Melbourne, Australia Electronic address
Health Place 28:22-30. 2014..Present findings suggest that similar environmental attributes are associated with recreational walking internationally. ..