Roger J Smith
Affiliation: St Vincent's Hospital
- The mortality associated with review by the rapid response team for non-arrest deterioration: a cohort study of acute hospital adult patientsRoger J Smith
Department of Critical Care Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Crit Care Resusc 16:119-26. 2014....
- Automated external defibrillators and in-hospital cardiac arrest: patient survival and device performance at an Australian teaching hospitalRoger J Smith
St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Intensive Care, Inpatient Services Building, Level 1, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, VIC 3065, Australia
Resuscitation 82:1537-42. 2011..To evaluate the effect of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) on patient survival and to describe the performance of AEDs after in-hospital cardiac arrest...
- Nebulized heparin is associated with fewer days of mechanical ventilation in critically ill patients: a randomized controlled trialBarry Dixon
Department of Intensive Care, St, Vincent s Hospital, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy, Melbourne, Victoria, 3065, Australia
Crit Care 14:R180. 2010..Heparin may reduce pulmonary inflammation and fibrin deposition. We therefore assessed whether nebulized heparin improved lung function in patients expected to require prolonged mechanical ventilation...
- Automated external defibrillators and survival after in-hospital cardiac arrest: early experience at an Australian teaching hospitalRoger J Smith
St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic
Crit Care Resusc 11:261-5. 2009..To evaluate the effect of the introduction of automated external defibrillators (AEDs) on survival after inhospital cardiac arrest...
- Fluid therapy using a balanced crystalloid solution and acid-base stability after cardiac surgeryRoger J Smith
Intensive Care, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic
Crit Care Resusc 12:235-41. 2010....
- Do outlier inpatients experience more emergency calls in hospital? An observational cohort studyJohn D Santamaria
Intensive Care Unit, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Vic, Australia
Med J Aust 200:45-8. 2014..To determine the effect of spending time as an outlier (ie, an inpatient who spends time away from his or her "home" ward) on the frequency of emergency calls for patients admitted to a tertiary referral hospital...