Marno C Ryan
Affiliation: St Vincent's Hospital
- Associations between liver histology and severity of the metabolic syndrome in subjects with nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseMarno C Ryan
Department of Medicine, 4th Floor Clinical Sciences Building, St Vincent s Hospital, 41 Victoria Parade, Fitzroy 3065 Victoria, Australia
Diabetes Care 28:1222-4. 2005
- The Mediterranean diet improves hepatic steatosis and insulin sensitivity in individuals with non-alcoholic fatty liver diseaseMarno C Ryan
Gastroenterology Department, St Vincent s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia
J Hepatol 59:138-43. 2013..Weight loss is of benefit but is difficult to maintain. We aimed at examining the effect of the Mediterranean diet (MD), a diet high in monounsaturated fatty acids, on steatosis and insulin sensitivity, using gold standard techniques...
- No increase in the expression of key unfolded protein response genes in HCV genotype 3 patients with severe steatosisMario Congiu
Department of Gastroenterology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Virus Res 160:420-3. 2011..Our data does not support a sustained change in expression of UPR genes in the steatogenesis of HCVGT3 infected human liver...
- High incidence of insulin resistance and dysglycemia amongst nondiabetic cardiac surgical patientsSophie C Hofferberth
Department of Medicine St Vincent s, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Ann Thorac Surg 94:117-22. 2012..This study assessed whether the preoperative level of insulin resistance predicts the degree of perioperative dysglycemia in nondiabetic, normoglycemic cardiac surgical patients...
- Relationships between estimates of adiposity, insulin resistance, and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in a large group of nondiabetic Korean adultsKi Chul Sung
Division of Medicine, Kangbuk Samsung Hospital, Sungkyunkwan University, Pyung Dong, Jongro Ku, Seoul, Korea 110 746
Diabetes Care 30:2113-8. 2007..Insulin resistance and abdominal and overall adiposity are closely associated with NAFLD; however, the interplay between them in the relationship with NAFLD is unclear, especially in nondiabetic individuals...