John T Price
Affiliation: St. Vincent's Institute
- The heat shock protein 90 inhibitor, 17-allylamino-17-demethoxygeldanamycin, enhances osteoclast formation and potentiates bone metastasis of a human breast cancer cell lineJohn T Price
Tumour Cell Migration and Metastasis Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute, Melbourne, Vistoria, Australia
Cancer Res 65:4929-38. 2005..These data suggest an important contraindication to the Hsp90 targeted cancer therapy currently undergoing clinical trial...
- Osteoclast inhibitory lectin (OCIL) inhibits osteoblast differentiation and function in vitroAkira Nakamura
St Vincent s Institute, 9, Princes Street, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Bone 40:305-15. 2007..In addition, the reduction of adipocyte formation in KUSA O cells by OCIL indicates that OCIL may have wider effects on the mesenchymal lineage that may be important for both bone metabolism and other connective tissue functions...
- Influenza A virus facilitates Streptococcus pneumoniae transmission and diseaseDimitri A Diavatopoulos
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
FASEB J 24:1789-98. 2010..Together, these data provide novel insights into pneumococcal-influenza synergism and may indicate a previously unappreciated role of IAV in the spread of S. pneumoniae...
- Mechanisms of tumour invasion and metastasis: emerging targets for therapyJohn T Price
Bone Metastasis and Cell Migration Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Department of Surgery, University of Melbourne, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Melbourne, VIC 3065, Australia
Expert Opin Ther Targets 6:217-33. 2002..The review focuses on representative key targets in each of these processes and summarises the state of play in each case...
- The type I collagen induction of MT1-MMP-mediated MMP-2 activation is repressed by alphaVbeta3 integrin in human breast cancer cellsKulrut Borrirukwanit
University of Melbourne, Department of Surgery, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, 3065, Australia
Matrix Biol 26:291-305. 2007....
- Bimolecular interaction of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) binding protein-2 with alphavbeta3 negatively modulates IGF-I-mediated migration and tumor growthJoseph J Pereira
Breast Bone Metastasis Cell Migration Laboratory, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Cancer Res 64:977-84. 2004..Collectively, these results indicate that alpha v beta 3 and IGFBP-2 act cooperatively in a negative regulatory manner to reduce tumor growth and the migratory potential of breast cancer cells...
- STI-571 inhibits in vitro angiogenesisAndrew Dudley
Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, University of Melbourne, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 310:135-42. 2003..These data suggest that STI-571, in addition to its efficacy in the treatment of certain cancers, may also prove to be clinically useful in diseases characterized by unregulated angiogenesis...
- A role for alphaV integrin subunit in TGF-beta-stimulated osteoclastogenesisSynn Lynn Chin
University of Melbourne, Department of Medicine, St Vincent s Hospital, 4th Floor Clinical Sciences Building, 3065 Fitzroy, Vic, Australia
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 307:1051-8. 2003..These data suggest that TGF-beta potentiates RANKL-induced osteoclast formation, in part by increased expression of the alphaV integrin subunit, which may contribute to cell fusion...
- Epidermal growth factor-induced epithelio-mesenchymal transition in human breast carcinoma cellsMargaret L Ackland
Deakin University, Burwood, Australia
Lab Invest 83:435-48. 2003..N- and E-cadherin are not usually coexpressed in human carcinoma cell lines but can be coexpressed in embryonic tissues, and this may signify an epithelial cell population prone to epithelio-mesenchymal-like responses...
- Doxycycline-inducible expression of SPARC/Osteonectin/BM40 in MDA-MB-231 human breast cancer cells results in growth inhibitionNirada Dhanesuan
VBCRC Breast Cancer Invasion and Metastasis Unit, St Vincent s Institute of Medical Research Melbourne, Australia
Breast Cancer Res Treat 75:73-85. 2002..Similar growth repression by SPARC has been reported for ovarian cancer cells, and this may be a common feature among carcinomas...
- Myoepithelial molecular markers in human breast carcinoma PMC42-LA cells are induced by extracellular matrix and stromal cellsStephanie C Lebret
Deakin University, Burwood, Melbourne 3125, Australia
In Vitro Cell Dev Biol Anim 42:298-307. 2006..Our results demonstrate a key role for the breast microenvironment in the regulation of breast lineage development...
- Molecular Modulators of Breast-Bone MetastasisJohn Price; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal represents a unique opportunity to identify novel modulators of breast-bone metastasis. ..