Penelope A McKelvie
Affiliation: St Vincent's Hospital
- A further patient with parasitic myositis due to Haycocknema perplexum, a rare entityPenelope McKelvie
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, P O Box 2900, Fitzroy 3065, Victoria, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 20:1019-22. 2013..Diagnosis can only be made by histopathology of muscle biopsy...
- Peripheral T cell and natural killer (NK) T cell lymphomas: a clinicopathological study from a single Australian centrePenelope A McKelvie
Departments of Anatomical Pathology Haematology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Histopathology 61:212-23. 2012..Using pathological and clinical review, to identify all cases diagnosed as peripheral T cell and natural killer (NK) T cell lymphoma over 10 years from one metropolitan Australian hospital...
- Orbicularis oculi: morphological changes mimicking mitochondrial cytopathy in a series of control normal musclesPenelope McKelvie
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Fitzroy, VIC 3065, Australia
Clin Experiment Ophthalmol 40:497-502. 2012..Orbicularis oculi (OO) muscle has recently proposed as a suitable muscle for biopsy to diagnose mitochondrial cyopathy:..
- A case of myelopathy, myopathy, peripheral neuropathy and subcortical grey matter degeneration associated with recessive compound heterozygous POLG1 mutationsP McKelvie
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Australia
Neuromuscul Disord 22:401-5. 2012..The brain showed severe neuronal loss and gliosis in substantia nigra, medial posterior thalamus and head of caudate. Excess numbers of COX-negative fibres and "ragged-red" fibres were found in five skeletal muscles sampled...
- Late-adult onset Leigh syndromePenelope McKelvie
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, P O Box 2900, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
J Clin Neurosci 19:195-202. 2012..A diagnosis of late-adult onset Leigh syndrome was made. Multiple genetic studies failed to identify the specific underlying mutation. The relevant literature is reviewed...
- Ocular adnexal lymphomas: a reviewPenelope A McKelvie
St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, Australia
Adv Anat Pathol 17:251-61. 2010..Finally, traditional (surgery, radiotherapy, chemotherapy) and newer forms of therapy (immunotherapy and radioimmunotherapy) will be reviewed...
- Canomad: report of a case with a 40-year history and autopsy. Is this a sensory ganglionopathy with neuromuscular junction blockade?Penelope A McKelvie
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital Melbourne, PO Box 2900, Fitzroy, Victoria 3065, Australia
Muscle Nerve 48:599-603. 2013..An 80-year-old man had a 40-year history of chronic sensory ataxic neuropathy and 11 years of relapsing/remitting episodes of rapid deterioration with perioral paresthesiae and weakness of bulbar, respiratory, and limb muscles...
- Meningoencephalomyelitis with vasculitis due to varicella zoster virus: a case report and review of the literaturePenelope A McKelvie
Department of Anatomical Pathology, St Vincent s Hospital, Fitzroy, Victoria, Australia
Pathology 34:88-93. 2002..Only one multinucleated giant cell with intranuclear Cowdry type A inclusions was seen within an endothelial cell in a leptomeningeal vessel involved by vasculitis...