Affiliation: Southern Cross University
- Transformational leadership in nursing: towards a more critical interpretationMarie Hutchinson
Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW, Australia
Nurs Inq 20:11-22. 2013..Given the limitations of the model, we advocate embracing new ways of thinking about nursing leadership...
- Integrating individual, work group and organizational factors: testing a multidimensional model of bullying in the nursing workplaceMarie Hutchinson
Department of Nursing, School of Health and Human Sciences, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW Australia
J Nurs Manag 18:173-81. 2010..The aim of the present study was to test a multidimensional model of bullying in the nursing workplace...
- A typology of bullying behaviours: the experiences of Australian nursesMarie Hutchinson
School of Health and Human Sciences, Southern Cross University, Lismore, PO Box 157, Lismore, NSW 2480, Australia
J Clin Nurs 19:2319-28. 2010..This study sought to explore the nature of bullying in the Australian nursing workplace...
- The emotional sequelae of whistleblowing: findings from a qualitative studyKath Peters
Family and Community Health Research Group, School of Nursing and Midwifery, College of Health and Science, University of Western Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Australia
J Clin Nurs 20:2907-14. 2011..To highlight and illuminate the emotional sequelae of whistleblowing from whistleblowers and subjects of whistleblowing complaints...
- Struggling for legitimacy: nursing students' stories of organisational aggression, resilience and resistanceDebra Jackson
University of Western Sydney, NSW, Australia Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW, Australia
Nurs Inq 18:102-10. 2011....
- Restorative approaches to workplace bullying: educating nurses towards shared responsibilityMarie Hutchinson
School of Health and Human Science, Southern Cross University, Lismore, NSW, Australia
Contemp Nurse 32:147-55. 2009..Given the importance of socialisation processes in mediating and sustaining bullying among nurses, restorative approaches are proposed as a strategy that can be employed in nursing education to address bullying...
- Exploring leadership capability and emotional intelligence as moderators of workplace bullyingMarie Hutchinson
Southern Cross University, School of Health and Human Sciences, Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
J Nurs Manag 21:553-62. 2013..This study aimed to explore the potential for emotionally intelligent leadership as a way to mitigate bullying behaviour within nursing workplace environments...
- Setting a course: a critical review of the literature on nurse leadership in AustraliaJohn Hurley
School of Health and Human Sciences, Southern Cross University, Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Contemp Nurse 43:178-82. 2013..This paper seeks to critically explore the recent literature on nursing leadership in Australia, and to highlight the necessity to strengthen leadership capability across the stratified layers of the nursing workforce...
- Action learning enhances professional development of research supervisors: an Australian health science exemplarKierrynn Davis
School of Health and Human Sciences, Southern Cross University, Lismore, New South Wales, Australia
Nurs Health Sci 14:102-8. 2012..The contextual barriers and implications of the methodology and learning outcomes for the professional development of health and human science practitioners, researchers and educators is also discussed...