Cuong D Tran
Affiliation: South Australia
- Dietary zinc supplementation and methotrexate-induced small intestinal mucositis in metallothionein-knockout and wild-type miceCuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Cancer Biol Ther 8:1662-7. 2009..Zn induces metallothionein (MT) which has been shown to sequester free radicals. The aim of this study was to determine the capacity for dietary Zn supplementation to ameliorate methotrexate (MTX)-induced intestinal mucositis...
- Zinc homeostasis and gut function in children with celiac diseaseCuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1026-32. 2011..Celiac disease (CD) is an immunologic enteropathy triggered by the intake of gluten. It is thought that the enteropathy impairs gut function and absorption...
- Dietary zinc and metallothionein on small intestinal disaccharidases activity in miceCuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, 72 King William Rd, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia
World J Gastroenterol 17:354-60. 2011..To examine the effect of increasing dietary zinc (Zn) intake and the lack of metallothionein (MT) expression on activity of small intestinal disaccharidases...
- Novel combination therapy for the eradication of Helicobacter pylori infection in a mouse modelCuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, North Adelaide, Australia
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:1424-30. 2010..To investigate the combination therapy, consisting of hyperimmune bovine colostrum, N-acetyl cysteine, zinc and amoxicillin on the eradication of Helicobacter pylori in a mouse model...
- Efficacy of Lactobacillus GG in aboriginal children with acute diarrhoeal disease: a randomised clinical trialBrett K Ritchie
Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, Australia
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:619-24. 2010..In the present study, we assessed the efficacy of probiotics in Australian Aboriginal children in the Northern Territory admitted to hospital with diarrhoeal disease...
- Association between Helicobacter pylori infection in mothers and birth weightRikke Gøbel
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, 72 King William Road, North Adelaide, 5006 South Australia, Australia
Dig Dis Sci 52:3049-53. 2007..Transmission of infection from mother to infant was not detected by culture, suggesting that decreased baby weight may be due to decreased milk supply or altered nutrition from the mother...
- Lack of diagnostic accuracy of the monoclonal stool antigen test for detection of Helicobacter pylori infection in young Australian aboriginal childrenBrett Ritchie
Infectious Diseases Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatr Infect Dis J 28:287-9. 2009..pylori infection among young Aboriginal children recovering from acute diarrheal disease in hospital and to evaluate the H. pylori stool antigen test as a noninvasive diagnostic test in this setting...
- Gastric emptying is altered with the presence of gastritisErin L Symonds
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth and Women s Health Service, North Adelaide 5006, South Australia
Dig Dis Sci 53:636-41. 2008..Changes to gastric emptying in mouse models of gastritis are associated with the presence of nutrients. Altered gastric emptying may contribute to symptoms commonly reported in humans with gastritis...
- Helicobacter-induced gastritis in mice not expressing metallothionein-I and IICuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Helicobacter 8:533-41. 2003..This study investigates the role of MT in H. pylori-induced gastritis in mice...
- Dietary supplementation with zinc and a growth factor extract derived from bovine cheese whey improves methotrexate-damaged rat intestineCuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Women s and Children s Hospital, University of Adelaide, Adelaide, Australia
Am J Clin Nutr 77:1296-303. 2003..Oral administration of zinc or bovine whey-derived growth factor extract (WGFE) is known to reduce intestinal permeability and ameliorate methotrexate (MTX)-induced mucositis, respectively...
- 13C-sucrose breath test: novel use of a noninvasive biomarker of environmental gut healthBrett K Ritchie
aInfectious Diseases Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Pediatrics 124:620-6. 2009..In this study, we described the use of a biomarker (13)C-sucrose breath test (SBT) to measure enterocyte sucrase activity as a marker of small intestinal villus integrity and function...
- Metallothionein expression in Helicobacter-infected pregnant mice and their fetuses and pupsCuong D Tran
Gastroenterology Unit, Children, Youth, and Women s Health Service, North Adelaide, SA, Australia
Dig Dis Sci 52:1527-32. 2007..H. felis infection altered MT levels of pregnant mice, their fetuses and pups, and mice postpartum, which may be a response to the marked inflammation...
- Zinc absorption as a function of the dose of zinc sulfate in aqueous solutionCuong D Tran
Section of Nutrition, Department of Pediatrics, The University of Colorado Health Science Center, Denver, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 80:1570-3. 2004..Zinc supplements are used extensively in medicine and research and for public health purposes in the prevention and treatment of zinc deficiency. However, little is known about the efficiency of zinc utilization after different doses...
- Emu oil reduces small intestinal inflammation in the absence of clinical improvement in a rat model of indomethacin-induced enteropathySuzanne M Abimosleh
Department of Gastroenterology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, SA 5006, Australia Discipline of Physiology, School of Medical Sciences, Faculty of Health Sciences, The University of Adelaide, Adelaide, SA 5005, Australia
Evid Based Complement Alternat Med 2013:429706. 2013..Increased EO dose and/or frequency of administration could potentially improve clinical efficacy...
- Emu Oil: a novel therapeutic for disorders of the gastrointestinal tract?Suzanne M Abimosleh
Department of Gastroenterology, Women s and Children s Hospital, North Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:857-61. 2012..Emu Oil could therefore form the basis of an adjunct to conventional treatment approaches for inflammatory disorders affecting the gastrointestinal system...