Affiliation: South Australia
- Use of the theoretical domains framework to develop an intervention to improve physical therapist management of the risk of falls after dischargeSusie Thomas
S Thomas, PT, PhD, International Centre for Allied Health Evidence iCAHE and the Sansom Institute, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia, and Physiotherapy Department, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, Australia
Phys Ther 94:1660-75. 2014..The aim of this case report is to describe the novel approach of using the Theoretical Domains Framework (TDF) to develop an intervention to change the clinical behavior of physical therapists...
- Sociodemographic factors associated with self-reported exercise and physical activity behaviors and attitudes of South Australians: results of a population-based surveySusie Thomas
Department of Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Repatriation General Hospital, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
J Aging Health 24:287-306. 2012..To determine self-reported physical activity barriers, behaviors, and beliefs about exercise of a representative sample and to identify associated sociodemographic factors...
- Does the 'Otago exercise programme' reduce mortality and falls in older adults?: a systematic review and meta-analysisSusie Thomas
Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Flinders University, Repatriation General Hospital, Daws Road, Daw Park, Adelaide, South Australia 5041, Australia
Age Ageing 39:681-7. 2010..The aim of this review was to evaluate the effect of the OEP on the risk of death and fall rates and to explore levels of compliance with the OEP in older adults...
- Determining current physical therapist management of hip fracture in an acute care hospital and physical therapists' rationale for this managementSusie Thomas
Department of Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Flinders University, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Phys Ther 91:1490-502. 2011....
- Walking aid use after discharge following hip fracture is rarely reviewed and often inappropriate: an observational studySusie Thomas
Flinders University, Australia
J Physiother 56:267-72. 2010..What walking aid prescription occurs at discharge after hip fracture? What changes in walking aid use occur in the following six months? Who initiates changes in walking aids and why?..
- Targeted individual exercise programmes for older medical patients are feasible, and may change hospital and patient outcomes: a service improvement projectJo Nolan
Physiotherapy Department, Flinders Medical Centre, Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
BMC Health Serv Res 8:250. 2008..The aim of this project was primarily to assess the feasibility of individual exercise programs for older hospitalised patients at risk of functional decline, and secondarily to evaluate impact on discharge outcomes...
- Falls Clinics: an opportunity to address frailty and improve health outcomes (preliminary evidence)Susie Thomas
Flinders University Department of Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Adelaide, Australia
Aging Clin Exp Res 22:170-4. 2010..The aim of this pilot study is to describe 12 month health outcomes of community-dwelling older adults who have attended a multi-disciplinary Falls Clinic...
- Virtual reality for stroke rehabilitationKate E Laver
Department of Rehabilitation and Aged Care, Flinders University, Repatriation General Hospitals, Daws Road, Daw Park, Adelaide, Australia, 5041
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 9:CD008349. 2011..In particular, commercial gaming consoles are being rapidly adopted in clinical settings; however, there is currently little information about their effectiveness...